Firing pin problems

I finally got my Saiga running great. After all the issues I had with it FTF, FTE, loose bolt rails , jams etc. I am convinced it was a vodka special. But now there is a new problem, after about 800 rds the firing pin has peened over on the surface  where the hammer strikes it making it about .020 shorter than it originally was. I am thinking it was not heat treated correctly. This is causing light primer strikes, fail to fire. I substituted a new pin from another Saiga I had and it performes flawlessly so I am sure this is the problem. This is not the same part that CSS calls the firing pin or I would just replace it .What CSS calls the firing pin is actually called the striker in the parts diagram .  It is part # 24 in the parts diagram, the long flat steel  pin that the hammer contacts in the bolt. I had replaced the original hammer with one from CSS but doubt that this caused the problem.  Does anyone  supply this part or should I just try to repair my original???

You are in luck!

R&R has them, or will soon.

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/91253-rr-making-new-strikers-forward-firing-pin-section/

Oops.... on second look, that may not be what you need.

I would still check with them first though.

Also try Tromix to see if they have one.

Edited by Spartacus

Due to a post by a member(Another-Saiga-Fan), in the .308 forum, I stumbled across this and thought of this thread. Custom instruments tactical is the company. This is titanium but they also sell stainless.

post-19600-0-63629000-1390371457.jpg

Edited by K.o.t.H.
  • Like 1