Is this normal? Bolt Gap

Is that forward on its own power, or riding it forward, or purposely trying to get it to stop in that position?

That is definitely out of battery.

No i'm letting it go with some force. Not from all the way to the rear though as I don't want to damage the bolt. 

When the gun is disassembled I can hear something in the gas tube clank when I tip the gun down and up. Is that normal?

That's the puck/piston moving in a clean gas chamber.

Also, do as suggested and let the carrier slam home.

When the gun is disassembled I can hear something in the gas tube clank when I tip the gun down and up. Is that normal?

That's the puck/piston moving in a clean gas chamber.

Also, do as suggested and let the carrier slam home.

Aww right. That was a dumb question. Letting go from the rear and it still doesn't go into battery. 

Can it be pushed closed? Don't try and force it, it should be obvious if its going to go or not.

Open the dust cover, does anything look like its binding and holding it open? How about looking thru the magwell?

Does the front rivet on the inside of the dust cover show and damage like its being hit by the carrier?

Disassemble it completely, is the gas puck in correctly (cavity facing backwards)? If its on backwards (cavity forward), it will hold everything up by about the amount your pic shows. If you can hear the puck moving around, it sounds like it was maybe cleaned recently and possibly put back in the gas block backwards.

Edited by Mullet Man

Can it be pushed closed? Don't try and force it, it should be obvious if its going to go or not.

Open the dust cover, does anything look like its binding and holding it open? How about looking thru the magwell?

Does the front rivet on the inside of the dust cover show and damage like its being hit by the carrier?

Disassemble it completely, is the gas puck in correctly (cavity facing backwards)? If its on backwards (cavity forward), it will hold everything up by about the amount your pic shows. If you can hear the puck moving around, it sounds like it was maybe cleaned recently and possibly put back in the gas block backwards.

You got it. They put the puck in backwards. Thanks!

I bet you're right.