Saiga 308 or FN-FAL

I have the option of buying either a Saiga 308, 21 inch barrel or a FN-FAL. The prices are the same.

The Saiga comes with 2 scopes and each has it's own mount, 2 mags and a hard case.

The FN is stand alone (built how I want it).

Which is more accurate? More reliable? Are parts and pieces for the Saiga easy to obtain? I know they are for the FN.

All and any info is appreciated.

Thanks,

Peregrine

I am on the brink of deciding to sell my Saiga .308 and 12 factory mags in order to buy a second FAL, one which I hope will be of better quality than the one I have. The Saiga .308 is a fine rifle, very strong, reliable, and more handy than the FAL with a 21 inch barrel. The great advantage of the FAL is the availability of cheap 20 round mags. I have seen no indication that reliable 20 round mags for the Saiga will soon come to market. True gun nuts will want to have both the Saiga and the FAL, which are both excellent firearms and good examples of different semi-auto actions.

Monomonk

Dodgeturbo, do you know something we don't? What 20rd mag on the horizon? Don

Harpoon,

Tony Rumore (aka Tromix) has modified M-14 mags to work in a stock Saiga .308 without mods to the rifle. He is taking orders now and has a posting in the for sale section. $65 each.

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=9226

Wolverine

I am on the brink of deciding to sell my Saiga .308 and 12 factory mags in order to buy a second FAL, one which I hope will be of better quality than the one I have. The Saiga .308 is a fine rifle, very strong, reliable, and more handy than the FAL with a 21 inch barrel. The great advantage of the FAL is the availability of cheap 20 round mags. I have seen no indication that reliable 20 round mags for the Saiga will soon come to market. True gun nuts will want to have both the Saiga and the FAL, which are both excellent firearms and good examples of different semi-auto actions.

Monomonk

Monomonk,

Tony Rumore (aka Tromix) has modified M-14 mags to work in a stock Saiga .308 without mods to the rifle. He is taking orders now and has a posting in the for sale section. $65 each.

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=9226

Wolverine

Dodgeturbo, do you know something we don't? What 20rd mag on the horizon? Don

tromix 20rd Saiga .308 mags..............

all custom and shit.............

FAL's are better than saiga .308

Unless Century did their voodoo on them!! :P

I would say the downside to the Tromix mags is the price. It takes a lot of time to do the mods in order to get the mags to work. I assure you though, at $65, you are NOT getting ripped off considering the amount of labor that goes into each one.