UNEMPLOYED... Anyone have some design work they need done?

DOH!!!: I typoed the topic and can't fix it.. I'm UN-employed. ;)

I was recently let go from my job for health reasons brought on by the job (I'll expand on that if you want, but right now it is what it is... they are not serious health concerns).

So... Does anyone have any use for design services? I can pretty easily make 3D models and drawings from any old napkin and pen design you have in mind. I have over 10 years of experience in design engineering.

I currently have access to Solid Edge and am working on SolidWorks. I'm trained in UG, Catia, Invertor, AutoCad, Solid Edge, and SoiidWorks.

I'm also a degreed Mechanical Engineer and may be able to provide other services. Design work is just the most straight forward in this internet age.

I'm not desperate for money or anything. I just thought since I had the time I'd see if someone needs something done at a reasonable price while I job hunt.

No payment expected until the work you get is to your satisfaction. We can work out a price after you're happy. I only ask that you're serious and have money at the end of the job. I can't design you a belt fed S-12 or anything illegal.

I'm not positive of weather or not this type of offer would make me a "vendor"... If so, then the mods can delete my post and we'll all move on. I don't have the money to be a vendor on this forum and I don't have a product to sell other than my labor.

Edited by Maxwelhse

Best of luck finding a new gig.

My Dad was a Mechanical Engineer and worked for a tank car company most of his career.

He was laid off a couple of times too, the first two times he went back to the same company

as a consultant.

Good luck!

• Like 1

Best of luck finding a new gig.

My Dad was a Mechanical Engineer and worked for a tank car company most of his career.

He was laid off a couple of times too, the first two times he went back to the same company

as a consultant.

Good luck!

Thanks! I appreciate your thoughts.

That said, I'm willing to work cheap just to fill my time and help someone out. I'm not desperate, but why not do something instead of nothing? It's waaay to nasty here to do my own stuff at the moment..

If the mods give you any crap about this post, I'll give them a stern talking tobad_egg.gif

Good luck Max!

Good luck with that! ;)

..and thank, honestly! :)

--------------

No job is too big or too small for me! I'm making $0/hr right now so anything more than that is better.