The greatest live show on Earth is no more. They lost a guitar player 2 years ago and now the founding member. Glad I saw them at least 10x. They will be missed.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2014/03/24/gwar-frontman-brockie-found-dead-in-virginia-home/6821683/

That's me doing the backward stage dive at 20 seconds. 1994 in Baltimore.

• Like 2

I met them back in '96 up at Harpos in Detroit, and I used to see them there and at St. Andrews hall. They played harpos ever Halloween. I loved them. They had some talent in that band. Dave Brockie was a hell of a singer, and good artist. I wish I would have taken him up on the offer to get inked by him. unhappy.gif

• Like 1

Dude.. I was at that same show in 96.. Harppos is such a shit hole.. Same year they toured with the Meatmen..

was talking with Tesco about his passing today... in between a few rounds of pin and scheming new merch for their new CD release..

1781216_10202018571690807_1578185632_o.jpg

Small world Drew. Lol. That place is a shithole. My buddies car was stolen that night. They put on a great show. That was the same year I seen clutch, misfits and cannibal corpse in Pontiac. I finished high school up there, so I got to see some great shows. Crowd surfing at gwar is awesome.

was that misfits with SOIA at clutch cargo?

Nope. It was at the Phoenix Plaza. Anthrax was there too, but I dont care for them. It was an all day event. I got to meet with Jerry Only. It was pretty cool. We also met George Fischer, Jack Owen and Alex webster from Cannibal Corpse. It was a good year for concerts.

Never could quite get in to the whole costume/gore theme.  Pretty cool you got a cameo in the vid though.

^^^What he said (except costumes don't offend me... KIss is the worst band ever [but I still like them] and they would have never been big time if not for the make up)... I love me some metal (generally modern-ish day metal.. System of a Down, Rage Against the Machine, TOOL, NIN, KMFDM, etc), but I could never get into GWAR... Maybe we just need a few "good" selections to get us over the cliff?

Edited by Maxwelhse

Ok... I just became a fan..  Album in the Amazon cart. GREAT songs.

edit: FnA!!! I don't do MP3 only downloads (I like the real media) and that CD is EXPENSIVE... Someone got a CD they want to sell for less than a King's Ransom (not a bootleg... I don't do that either).

Edited by Maxwelhse