vepr12 parts reliability

Ive read reports of vepr12 op rods breaking in competition, this has me a little concerned for two reasons.

One you cant get an american op rod and two I plan to shoot the shit out of mine.

Would it be possible or advisable to get a heavier weight recoil spring and had that when shooting high brass and then use the stock weight or even tune the spring by trying various weight springs till the bird shot would be cycling but lightly.

Au contraire, well, this was made specifically for the Saiga 12, but maybe it's interchangeable? https://cadizgunworks.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=72

I know Cadiz and Cobra both used to offer the service of installing them. Wortha shot asking either of them if this will work on a Vepr.

Edited by Skoodge

Ive read reports of vepr12 op rods breaking in competition, this has me a little concerned for two reasons.

One you cant get an american op rod and two I plan to shoot the shit out of mine.

Would it be possible or advisable to get a heavier weight recoil spring and had that when shooting high brass and then use the stock weight or even tune the spring by trying various weight springs till the bird shot would be cycling but lightly.

Can you provide a link of the reports on the op-rod breaking? Good thing I have a lifetime warranty on mine and the other one I got for my buddy...