Krebs Custom Safety on a non converted S12 question

Since I live in PRNJ we are not allowed pistol grips on our semi auto shotguns.

I had upgraded my other Saigas awhile ago but my S12 is stock. I just found I had a extra Krebs safety laying around and thought I would throw it on the S12

Am I just missing something or is it not possible to remove the factory safety with out moving the trigger group? because the safety wont rotate to remove.

Edited by FarmerG

i dont want to remove anything in the fcg or bho right now. I was just looking at swapping the safety's like in my other saigas, but went I try to flip the safety up it hits the fcg, so I can't rotate it to remove it. I just want to use the notch on the krebs

Edited by FarmerG

Yea you.need to remove the fcg then. its not hard. There is a spring on the left hand side of the reciver that sits in the notch of the axis pin. Pull up on the sping and remove the hammer axis pin and then the other axis pin should come right out. Remove the safety, install the hammer first, then do the trigger section. Bho spring is a bitch so.i suggest using tooth floss around it to.pull it down while you push the axis pin threw. If ur local to me and u need a hand i can help. Im in norther ocean county

Edited by cguiro

On a Clintonized saiga, you'd be throwing money away if you ask me. Because of your hand position, you cant take advantage of the finger tab like you can with a pistol gripped AK. Notch your factory safety and save $50.