CA DOJ Pistol Compliant Question

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ctpunk

ctpunk

• Contributor
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 10:07 AM

Took this from another thread. Its left me confused about the law here. I realize this says Pistol and not Rifle. I assume all AR and AK Pistols fall into this category...

Question is...

Does simply adding a bullet button make these features exempt from being classified as an assault weapon?

Per CA DOJ's Website:

12276.1 (a) Notwithstanding Section 12276, "assault weapon" shall also mean any of the following:

A semiautomatic pistol that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and any one of the following:

1. A threaded barrel, capable of accepting a flash suppressor, forward handgrip, or silencer.
  2. A second handgrip.
  3. A shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles, the barrel that allows the bearer to fire the weapon without burning his or her hand, except a slide that encloses the barrel.
  4. The capacity to accept a detachable magazine at some location outside of the pistol grip.

#2 Maxwelhse

Maxwelhse

Top Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,245 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 05:11 PM

Looks like Kali has all sorts of goofy oddball laws (some RRA lowers are straight up banned?)... Probably best to join up with these guys and discuss it.

http://www.calguns.n...ad.php?t=357324

Edited by Maxwelhse, 25 August 2014 - 05:11 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users