I'm going with innovotive. I recently picked up the MPA556 rifle. It's very similar to the Sig 556, except it's a short stroke piston with 4 adjustments.
It has a right side folding collapsible stock, uses AR fire control groups, Ar mags, pistol grips and stock. Similarities end there.
It's all steel so it's a good bit heavier, the bolt is their own propriety design, as well as hand guards. It's parkerized finish and uses non captive pins to affix upper to lower (one slave and master pin assembly) and a single pin for simple field strip.
The only real down side is the weight, and the pins feel kinda cheap, worst of all the fire control groups pins use E clips to retain them. I'm certain they're more secure than ar pins that only use the main spring tension, they just aren't pretty. All this tough to me appeals to my utilitarian side.
Aside from a simple test fire at the shop I haven't got it out to shoot. Initially the 223/556 had a two short stokes, but then cleaned up. (it as completely oil free, so that might have contributed)
I tested the 300AAC with some Remington sub sonics and SND762 and is was less than impressive. I did oil that upper up pretty good. It oddly enough seems that the 300AAC upper doesn't have the adjustable has system. I'm hoping it's just a breaking in period. I'll have to wait and see.
Any how enough talk,here are some pics!

* CAN'T FIGURE OUR HOW TO RESIZE PICS. THEY'RE TOO BIG*  beaten.gif

Edited by poolingmyignorance