Doing the doors on our home this year.  Project that's long overdue. 

doors2_zpszzy6xbza.jpg

A guy that custom fits doors to old adobe homes is making and installing.  I am doing the finish work to save money.

doors1_zpspxzvlghw.jpg

Picture is after painting clear Penofin on two of the four exterior doors.  The screen doors will be painted purple.

Edited by NM0
  • Like 5

Will do on the finished project pics.  Every year we try to do an upgrade.  Sometimes the projects take a few years of stashing funds to support.  Thanks for compliment. 

Edited by NM0
  • Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

A few in process pics. Not totally done but the install guys are finished with hanging exterior and screen doors, it's nice.  Every time we do something to this house I feel very good.  Simple quality doors make a big difference.  First doggie door is fun so far.  Patch, paint and upgrade we will be done soon.

doorNEW1_zpslfqb7swp.jpg

doorNEW2_zpsipbggytq.jpg

doorNEW3_zpsg36xe0hh.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks for compliment.  There are four exteriors with screen doors too (8 new doors total).  Our house is around 100 now and not one right angle to be found.  The old adobe should last for at least another 50 years with all we've done to it.

EZ dog does have cool eyes.  Three out of five of our dogs have white eyes.

doorNEW4_zpsuulz1ki7.jpg

doorNEW5_zpsfescc1m4.jpg

• Like 1

Good work man. I have been slowly replacing the windows. I order 3 or 4 at a time, and it takes about 2 hours to do one window. But I am ripping out all the sheetrock and putting wood in, as well as putting casing up. Getting the old window out is what takes so long. Using a heat gun to melt the glaze takes forever. 

• Like 1

Good work man. I have been slowly replacing the windows. I order 3 or 4 at a time, and it takes about 2 hours to do one window. But I am ripping out all the sheetrock and putting wood in, as well as putting casing up. Getting the old window out is what takes so long. Using a heat gun to melt the glaze takes forever. 

Thanks and good job on your windows.  We did ours a few years back.  Huge improvement.  Enjoy the home upgrades your enabling through your hard work.

Remodels and upgrades in adobe construction is always a challenge.  Sometimes those walls can be three feet thick.  Warm in the winter, cool in the summer.  Hanging upper kitchen cabinets onto interior adobe walls requires some forethought.  HB of CJ (old coot)

Edit;  that black dog looks pissed?

Edited by HB of CJ