My SR9c has developed an odd reset failure issue.  You pull the trigger and it fires the round, but then fails to reset the trigger for the next one.  What's even worse is that it appears that the striker remains in the forward position through the cycling of the next round.  I went looking for a solution to this problem on the Ruger forums, but found that it's a "send it in" issue that appears rather frequently.  I'll send it in, but I guarantee that this is my last striker fired pistol.  This was my EDC, but now I'm either going back to my Tokarev, S&W airweight, or my 92FS if I can find a way to hide the darn thing.  I'm disappointed.

• Like 2

I'm with ya on not being a huge fan of striker fired pistols. Just don't dig the way the trigger feels on them.

Ruger will make it right, however. Their customer service is second to none. Have them fix it and send it down the road!

• Like 2

Ok, so I'm not the kind of guy to leave "send it back" alone.  I decided to try and figure out what's the problem.  I looked more in depth into the ruger forums and really found nothing.  So then I figured, it's basically a glock copy, so it would make sense for glocks to have the same issues.  Well, I looked and yes, the worlds most perfect handguns have the same exact issue.  I read on and many glock owners claimed that spraying the gun down with gun scrubber alleviated the problem for them.  A little more research led me to a glock animation video and bingo, my eyes were open.  I went back to my SR9c and sure enough, there was a thin film of gunk between the right side of the frame and the trigger bar.  I hit it with a  hoppes 9 and liquid wrench combo along with a dental pic and cleaned it up really well.  I then cleaned all the other possible friction points that the trigger bar might have, as well as cleaned up the area housing all the trigger springs, and sear.  I also opened up my slide, removed the firing pin and mag disconnect and cleaned out all the parts and tunnel.  Reassembled and quickly ran to the ranch.  She ran perfect.  The trigger was super crispy with absolutely no reset issues at all.  I admit I had never bothered cleaning the area between the frame and trigger bar since it was never recommended anywhere, but that's definitely a dirty spot that should get attention from time to time.

• Like 3