MISC. questions about accessories

:smoke: I have a few questions for you members that know more.

I would like to know where i can find these.

Folding buttstock, or rear pistol grip

Muzzle break or compensator

Forend grip

Sight mounts for a red dot scope

the picture is similar to what I have in mind.

Photo credited from the saiga 12 gallery

Silas L

Bratwertz@aol.com

post-2787-1139739935_thumb.jpg

If you're going to be doing an S12, I wouldn't suggest that folding stock. I'd suggest an ACE. Getting that stock on a S12 is a lesson in frustration, not to mention it's too short for anyone over about 5'6".

Check out http://tantal.kalashnikov.guns.ru/ for the Kobra red-dot or other side-mounts.

The SAW PG is a pretty good one, though there's many other options.

Edited by AegisDei

I could elaborate on all the items on that gun, but your best bet would be to check out the Tech section under the Guests tab on the forum. Pretty much anything you'll ever want to do is there. Also has a great list of suppliers for parts. Most, if not all of the parts on the gun you have pictured look Russian (FCG?). If your in the U.S. you need to stay 9222r compliant.

Forend grip

Silas L

Bratwertz@aol.com

I just got a skeletonized folding stock with trunion from Ohio Rapid Fire. Paid Sunday, email today says here by friday.

Forend grip

Silas L

Bratwertz@aol.com

I just got a skeletonized folding stock with trunion from Ohio Rapid Fire. Paid Sunday, email today says here by friday.

Just an update. FedEx just dropped it off. Still has rear receiver stub attached (which is good, I can make a template from it). And a welcome surprise, it has the front catch, spring, and a rivet. I was hoping for one but didn't really expect it. The finish overall is pretty good too. Just some slight wear on the rear catch.

So where are you finding the 8 and 10 and for that mater 5 round magazines.

And I keep getting told that if a drum magazine was made it woul dclassify the weapon as a Destructive device. How so? why any different that the Beta C for the AR or the numerous 75 and 100's for the other AK's I don't understand why I think it would be the Cats Meow. Where are the best places to buy the Saigas I've found one 19" Chokes black synthetic for $375 should I jump on that ir are there better deals ou there.

That's a helluva a deal! Let me know where it is and I'll take it if you don't. Seriously, if you don't get that saiga for 375 please PM where it is.

From my understanding (which isn't that good), the beta-C's that you're thinkg of are for guns under .50" which is the magic number that makes a weapon a DD. Guns over .50" then have to pass certain criteria to not be a DD, one of which is guns for sporting purposes. As long as the gun is considered "sporting" it probably won't get the DD classification, but the government probably wouldn't feel that a drum is needed for any sport and then the entire gun would no longer be for "sporting purposes." Apparently tactical shooting isn't a sport but hunting is. So what hunter needs a drum magazine to get a few birds or a deer? Anyway, just be glad that right now we can have box magazines. If you're slick with mechanics, you might be able to make a drum (or convert a knoxx drum), but don't make it commercially available and keep it on the DL.

You can get 5 and sometimes 8 rounders from ebay, gunbroker, auction arms, or your best best is rusmilitary.com . 10 round mags will be available in the next few months, so hang tight.

Hey thanks for the speedy response! The deal was offered to me as a members only deal from Castle arms through another board I hang at. I'll jump on it then since it obviously must be a good un.

Where might a feller get ahold of a Knoxx drum (would that have been for the USAS?) or very very good pictures of the detailed working of it?

Will be looking for the mags didn't come up with much on E-bay today but will check it frequently. Thanks for the addy for rusmillitary will give them a look see.