I am a Yankee from New York and this is my take on the matter. The Stars and Bars may represent a specific horrible chapter in American history, but nonetheless, it is a symbol. People read into things what they want and no intentions regardless of how good or well meaning will change their minds. For our close minded anti flag citizens, I would like to remind them, a lot of Native Americans last vision on earth was of the Stars and Stripes. What of the SWASTIKA? For centuries it represented good luck and is a religious mark to many cultures and people, until one asshole changed it's meaning for greed and personal gain. Now look where it resides in history. I can show you in Topeka Kansas, today, where the swastika is displayed in public on a building I worked in for almost 20 years and no one, I repeat no one knows it is there. It is a symbol, it is what you want to believe in. The Confederate flag is what you want to believe in. Anything can be made to represent that thinking. When someone's kid chokes on a Lego, is that going to be banned too? Didn't see any big protests over the Japanese flag after WWII. Quite a bit of holocausting on their part if I recall (Rape of Nanking). What about this? Do you see a hand gesturing "the bird", or, am I number one? It is a symbol, think what you want, you have to live with your thoughts. I say leave it alone before a trend develops. Don't get me started on the Mexican flag...

Nope, not giving them any credit at all other than notoriety. My earlier post on the swastika and where it came from explains my position. To some their (AT&T) business sense and recent dealings with their employees/retired workers reflects the symbol represented here more than that of a Confederate flag which is/was not displayed on their building. I don't think the grate was chosen for it's good luck symbolism. Although more than likely it was a strange coincidence that the design resembles an interlocked swastika. Just an opinion. Besides, Bubba Watson is an asshole. Another opinion.