I called S&W AND TALKED TO A TECH , He recommended I cycle the gun about 500 times just pull the charging handle back and forth. I lubed it up pulled the charging handle back and forth about 750 times . I picked up some 308 ammo from Wally world . I loaded up a couple of mags and started out .

Winchester 150gr power point 20 rounds ran perfect

Federal 150grain soft point 20 rnds had 1 fail to feed bent the casing

Perfecta 149 gr fmj 20 rnds ran perfect

Now the iffy stuff

20 rounds of LAKE CITY perfect

then the real test

20 rounds of ZQI RAN PERFECT

I PUT 100 rounds of various thru the gun and had one fail to feed [ short stroked ]

Tomorrow is the real test 200 of of ZQI WILL REPORT BACK ON MY FINDINGS .

I will add this gun is very very accurate . I MIGHT NOT HAVE TO SHIP IT BACK TO s&w

Thanks for all you guys imput

• Like 2

I might have told the tech that I want to send it in and HE can stroke the charging handle 500 times, then fix the damn gun! Hell, I would have done that with my Saiga if I could speak Russian. What a heart-breaking vodka special that thing was. LOL

I'm glad things are looking better for you.

Edited by YOT

The tech was pretty nice . S& W owners manual says any commercially made ammo . It lists Olin/Winchester , Hornady , Federal , Pmc and Remington . It also states that it will run ammo that has the Nato cross. Lake city and ZQI DOES NOT HAVE THE NATO CROSS . He asked me if I had any problem with any 308 win ammo . I told him no, which was the truth . He also told me that Winchester 7.62 x 51 sometimes did not run well until the gun was broken in . He told me to cycle it run some 308 and then try some of the 7.62 x 51 after , I tried that and the gun ran well he thought some of the ammo that was 7.62 x 51 was underpowered  espiecially if it didn't have the Nato cross and the gun should run it once broken in . I plan to load 8 25 round P mags of ZQI tomorrow and see what happens I will post the results .