Newguy sharing my mag&gun mods

Hi folks just picked up my first Saiga 20. The stock modifications where already done when I got it I added three of my own. Safety lever, mag release, and bolt handle extensions. I thought I would share

Saiga-gun2.jpg

Saiga-gun3.jpg

Saiga-gun1.jpg

My shotgun came with 6 five round mags. All but one is 3". So after seeing Cobra 76 two's mag modification I came up with my own. I used UHMW plastic wedges attached to the follower. I screwed them in place but one could also glue them on. I'm posting pictures so everyone can see what I did. Works good I tried it out today no FTF in the modified 3" mags. Lots of FTE (stovepipe)with birdshot loads in both the 2-3/4" and modified 3" magazines but this gun still needs tweaking to get it running. It ran 100% with all mags shooting slugs.

Saiga-mag6.jpg the wedges

Saiga-mag3.jpg 2-3/4 mod 3" and the stock 3"

Saiga-mag5.jpg 2-3/4 mag feeding

Saiga-mag4.jpg3" modified

Saiga-mag9.jpg

Saiga-mag8.jpg

Saiga-mag10.jpg

Saiga-mag2.jpg mod follower installed

anyway thanks for the site enjoy the pics. I will give away what wedges I have left over 2 at a time if you pay for shipping. E-mail me if you want some

Welcome to the forum!

Cool gun! :up: Nice job on the Safety Lever, Bolt Handle & Mag Release! :smoke:

- oh yeah, mag wedgies too!

Keep an eye out for the shells popping forward out of the rim track/channel...

I've only had it happen once and may have been a bad shell, but it's something

to be aware of...

Any chance you guys could save me the trouble of running a search and just tell me..........what's the scoop on the mag wedges?? To change the angle of what? The follower? The spring down at the floorplate?? What??

TIA!

DAMN DIAL-UP............All the pics finally downloaded and now I can SEE what the scoop is. Sorry about that!

Edited by tomovich