I'd like to get a functional sword some day but the ones I see don't really catch my attention. I have become a blade snob over the years. My first really nice knife was an emerson cqc7 that I had when I was 18. the chisel edge on that thing was a whole lot different than my hunting knives and utility blades. It got me into other blades like spyderco, benchmade, then microtech and chris reeves. The madness continued into lile randall lee and many other fancy blades the mostly just appreciated and didn't even get used.

I have yet to find a sword that really catches my eyes. I have seen a few online that I like but apparently, I have expensive taste and requirements due to the hunting and fighting knife addiction.

If I did get a sword, I would want to be able to use it somewhat carefully and hopefully have it retain it's value or even appreciate.

The modern ones swords seem pretty cool. Maybe some day I will find one that feels lucky.

Look at Christian Fletcher stuff. He is mostly known for doing extra high quality fitting on blades done in conjunction with other people, but does some himself. The fitting and style is several notches up from even the more common high quality production pieces. Either historically accurate pieces or close to historical 'inspired' swords. Nothing gaudy, tacky or over the top. You could expect each one to be flawless and handle like a sword of the particular oakeshott typology ought to.

• Like 1