I attended my third AS this weekend in Mobile, and as usual had a good time, learned new things about myself and being a better Rifleman.
It was also my youngest son's first AS and he had a lot of fun and learned an immense amount new knowledge, he bettered himself as a shooter and made some new acquaintances.

I'd like to give a huge shout out for the IITs, Instructor and Shoot Boss, they did a wonderful job.
Thank you for y'alls work and enthusiasm.
The instruction was first rate, the history lessons told with feeling and above a safe environment.

Had a great group of people out there on the line, I think everyone came away a better shooter.

This was my third AS, my third Rifleman patch and I've finally taken a Orange Hat for Instructor In Training.
I hope that I can conduct myself to the degree that I've witnessed from all the other AS crews.
I want to share my love for shooting and shooting accurately, for this country and the freedoms/liberties we have and the sacrifices made to garner them for us.
Pray that we never need fight for them again.

IMG_20161030_170636974_zpsqmz7hwmk.jpg
IMG_20161030_163707875_zps5xnyqvll.jpg
IMG_20161030_173047427_zpszbouz79z.jpg

Edited by ChileRelleno
  • Like 2

It's a great way to spend a weekend occasionally.

I was heavily involved a bit before the heart attack but have not since though I am thinking it is time again.

Just a nice bunch of folks to hang around with and swap lies at night if camping out.

Also a great way to get familiar with that combat rifle leaving the target setup at home so one doesn't get too wrapped up in shooting for score but improvement. 

Oh and gratz on the hats, need more of them.

Edited by Rhodes1968