My 308 conversion

Ok so I ran into a few problems last night when I began to attempt the conversion. I got the rivets, spot welds, trigger guard and trigger assembly out. Let me tell you this, those pins will remain a formidable opponent forever. what the hell! I swear it took me and two friends almost tow hours just to get those damn things out....

Anyway, now I cant get the damn trigger assembly to fit right. The hammer is slightly different shape than the original (bought the g2 single hook drop in). I think i can either go back to my original hammer or just grind it a bit to fit. the g2 hammer has a little lip on it that catches on the reinforcement bar. At about 2 am we finally gave up til sunday. My job is to do more research into this, since this gun utterly kicked our ass last night. It is my first conversion, and i learned alot last night. I just hope the hardest part is over. I swear this steel is as hard as Stalin's heart.

I took photos of the trigger group before I took it out, but I cannot seem to get everything to fit right in there. Perhaps it was the 6 hrs of frustration kicking in, i think i can get it done though. i will be updating when i finish!

Edited by mira263
You should have bought the RSA adjustable trigger for VEPR308 and it would have dropped right in. There are numerous posts regarding this. Use the search feature.

Yeppers. The RSA is a drop in, the G2 hammer requires some clearancing for the cross bar, and you'll have to narrow it up some to reuse the bolt hold open.

Don't forget to verify the safety works, may need to add some material to it also.