Forward rail with ak style sights

I'm getting ready to order, next month, my first saiga. I want a saiga 12 that looks just about like the one on the dinzag site BUT I 'd like a forward ultimak type of rail. Doesn't have to be ultimak but some type of forward rail AND I want the ak style sights like on the dinzag gun. Any way to do this? Thanks for any help or advice you can give.

I'm not sure I understand the question, or what the question is....You want a forward rail. you have two options, get an ultimak or get Cobra 76 two to build one of his for you. You like dinzags front sight. OK get one of his. I like his new style a lot. The forum store had Russian fsb's but are out of stock at the moment. Krebs makes a nice one as well, but they are backordered too. IF your asking if you can have both, sure no problem. You should be thinking about your rear sight options now as well. If you want the stock rear sight make sure you do not buy the S12 with the adjustable sight rail because you will have to sacrafice it to use the forward rail. Look at some examples in the photos section, some really cool ones in there.

If you want a forward rail AND elevated AK style sights, you will need something like this.

Deluxe Cobra Rail with Krebs Custom sights....Can do pretty much the same thing with dinzag's custom FSB and mill the rear sight into the rail itself. :smoke:

post-1293-1208831212_thumb.jpg

post-1293-1208831226_thumb.jpg

post-1293-1208831238_thumb.jpg

post-1293-1208831258_thumb.jpg

post-1293-1208831273_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...

Cobra, you got any plans on selling this style rail? Yup, you do. Amazing what searching for a while will accomplish. Is the Krebs sight attached to the rail or is it just fitted? If it's a tight enough fit, then the rail won't go anywhere b/c the curvature of the Krebs sight, but making it a tight enough fit sounds annoying. Is there likely to be fitting by the end user on this due to Saiga tolerances/drunken Izmash workers?

Edited by mmmtang

Good job searching there mmmtang! Actually I was about to try and hunt down this thread myself when I saw the other thread...lol.

Yes the way that's set up, the rail is custom fit to the Krebs rear sight. Drunk Boris tolerances shouldn't really be a factor because hopefully the dovetail groove is the same depth on all of em :unsure: Well...I said hopefully...you never can tell these days.

That one turned out quite solid and I actually have a new design I'm working on now, which uses a hand made ghost ring rear attached to the rail and rib style sight support. I feel better about that one and it doesn't have to be carved out by hand to fit tight to the Krebs. I'll post some pics when the proto is done.

If someone is really attached to the Krebs rear, I've got another solutution for that too. It would be mounted to the rail, just a bit forward of the rear support.

Here's how that rear mount works.....

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=18538

• 3 weeks later...