X39 Scout Scope and Ammo SAIGA RULZ!

Moved my scopes around and put the Scout Mount and scope on the x39 in an attempt to get better performance. I found a crack in my flash suppressor and got a grouping from it then removed the suppressor, talk about an improvement! Getting solid 2 MOA and below out of the rifle now and provided links to targets below. Removal and replacement of the scope went well with a little shift that more likely was my doing. Very pleased with the Golden Tiger my rifle seems to love the stuff. Brass of course was also good. These rifles are much better than any AK Ive shot now that the FH is out of the picture.

Conditions - Great day no wind blue sky 70 degrees, 100 yard range was full or hunters zeroing rifles so I used the 50 yard range. Sand Bag support no vice, all shots except Rapid Fire was at riflemans cadence of 1 per 3 seconds. Rapid fire was unsupported standing with GI sling in Hasty 30 rounds in 33 seconds. I really love this rifle and the Scout mounting is FAST and accurate using just an inexpensive NCstar Scout Scope. Irons built into mount are ok and will do in a pinch. Targets squares are one inch all measurements checked with ruler.

Links instead of pics to keep the bandwidth down on the saiga forum.

Before removing Flash Suppressor, dreadful grouping ammo - Silver Bear

Scout w Flash Sup

After removal So much better

Scout Silver Bear

Rapid Fire 30rds/33 sec Silver Bear

Rapid

Golden Tiger

GT

Remington Brass Soft Points

Rem

Fiocchi Brass FMJ Shot 3 group removed and replaced scope shot 2 group

Fiocchi

Silver Bear with Iron sights on mount after zeroing front sight

Irons

I am a happy camper.

Good day for you. Nice groupings. I got to find a range or a spot within 45 minutes.

The problem is our BLM/Public Hunting land is up above Doylestown and almost 1 hour away SUKS!!

Local ranges are BOOKED to capacity with members, and all others (indoors) won't allow rifles above 22lr.010.gif

My property in TX is well, in TX.

Anyone got suggestions for BUCKS COUNTY PA let me know. I will join in a second a decent outdoor range if its affordable and accepting NOW..

Since the FH was bought from a contributor to this site Im keeping that low profile. I had been fighting accuracy on this rifle for months and just knew there had to be something wrong even though it was common to get 4MOA groups. Get a huge fireball now so getting a new FH/MB installed soon as possible.

The grouping shocked me, nice shock though, will see how well that holds up at 100 and 200 yards later. I have to drive a hour each way to get to a decent rifle range and while I dont mind normally today I didnt have time. Besides it would have been full of guys getting ready for hunting season also so take what I can get.