Tapco Intrafuse T6 Stock and Pistol Grip CONVERSION

I think I've seen info on this before but can't find the thread(s). I have a Saiga 7.62 and S-12 which I have not begun to convert. I also have 2 Tapco Intrafuse T6 Colapsable Stocks with Saw pistol grips that do not require moving the FCG forward. I would like to do a conversion and move the FCGs forward on both the 7.62 and the S-12, replacing the trigger groups with a single hook G2. Can I adapt the Tapco Saw Pistol Grips to work with these conversion or do I need to get new ones?? An answer or a redirect to threads with the info would be appreciated. Thanks

I think I've seen info on this before but can't find the thread(s). I have a Saiga 7.62 and S-12 which I have not begun to convert. I also have 2 Tapco Intrafuse T6 Colapsable Stocks with Saw pistol grips that do not require moving the FCG forward. I would like to do a conversion and move the FCGs forward on both the 7.62 and the S-12, replacing the trigger groups with a single hook G2. Can I adapt the Tapco Saw Pistol Grips to work with these conversion or do I need to get new ones?? An answer or a redirect to threads with the info would be appreciated. Thanks

I thought I remember reading that the PG's on the T6 stocks mounted differently than regular AK SAW grips. But I don't remember if there was a way to mod it to work.

Also, speaking of the S12 specifically......unless you're going to cut your own PG hole, you're going to need a PG nut/trigger guard (like Tromix's DIY). The Tromix was designed for the SAW (although other grips will fit with some work), but again, the T6's SAW grip supposedly mounts differently than a regular SAW grip.

If you find out that you can't use the T6's SAW grip, then put the whole set up for sale. You could probably just sell them off and out the money towards parts for a real conversion.

You CAN shoehorn the intrafuse SAW grip on the rifle, (I don't know about the shotty, having never tinkered with one) if you have a short bolt and nut on hand that will fit them. I am not sure how sturdy it would be. The standard AK grip nut and screw will not work with the intrafuse grip, I discovered. You will easily see what I mean if you try. I simply ended up using the excuse to buy a better grip. :P

Thanks All, for the great support. Your info helps alot BJbies, you "Out of the Ashes" and GQ@CSS. I don't think I'm going to go with a folding stock since it doesn't pass muster in some states (and I don't know where I'll be in the next few months) but I'll spend the $ for the better PGs and be all the better for it. Greg, if your willing I could trade unopened Tapco T6 Intrafuse Packages for A deal on something else.

I recently picked up a 20" x39 with one of those stocks, after playing around with it, I came to find out that the hole in the grip lined up with the original trigger hole. I made an angled spacer that fits inside the receiver and this is what I have so far:

2009-10-29204828.jpg

( sorry, crappy cell pic )

I'm waiting on a trigger as of now ( stole one out of another AK to test fit ) and still need either weld up or plug the extra holes and weld the guard in place.