SAIGA .308 BARREL EXCHANGE

it varies between models of AKM, but the numbers are very high either way.

dont thank me, thank the russians....

and i recommend putting NOTHING EVER on your bullets, until you throughly research it. DO NOT EXPERIMENT. fluids do no compress much, and if you put too much on the bullet, you WILL have a problem eventually, if not immediately. just make sure they are clean. if there is anything dirt can stick to on your rounds, it will attract dust and abrasives that will wear your chamber, action, and barrel down faster. thats my advice anyway.

it varies between models of AKM, but the numbers are very high either way.

dont thank me, thank the russians....

and i recommend putting NOTHING EVER on your bullets, until you throughly research it. DO NOT EXPERIMENT. fluids do no compress much, and if you put too much on the bullet, you WILL have a problem eventually, if not immediately. just make sure they are clean. if there is anything dirt can stick to on your rounds, it will attract dust and abrasives that will wear your chamber, action, and barrel down faster. thats my advice anyway.

How about the use of .308 moly rounds? Aren't they actually recommended for 'breaking in' the barrels of some makes of .308's? :unsure:

I think what Bvamp means by "don't experiment with it", is that you should stick with factory standard ammo, or scientifically gathered data available from many manufacturers (especially manufacturers of reloading supplies), rather than making it up as you go.

Personally, I have used Moly coated 174grain Sierra Match Kings for reloading and had no problems. UnknownPoster has been advocating the use of Moly for all kinds of things.

All we want is for you to stay safe. :)

I think what Bvamp means by "don't experiment with it", is that you should stick with factory standard ammo, or scientifically gathered data available from many manufacturers (especially manufacturers of reloading supplies), rather than making it up as you go.

Personally, I have used Moly coated 174grain Sierra Match Kings for reloading and had no problems. UnknownPoster has been advocating the use of Moly for all kinds of things.

All we want is for you to stay safe. :)

That's what I was backhandedly suggesting--using moly rounds. For example Armalite recommends Black Hills .308 168gr match BHTP moly-coated for barrel break-in. :up: