Has anyone had a problem with the trigger sticking?

I took my s-12 to the range yesterday and had a problem with the trigger sticking on the return reset after firing. Has anyone had the same problem? Any suggestions on what to do besides cleaning and oiling the piece? I am concerned because I am taking it to a rifle and shotgun class next week and was looking forward to making all of the Benelli boys who will be there look bad. Please help!

Check your triger pivit pin it should be flush with the right side of the gun (looking at it from the outside). If you have a retaining sping in the gun it might have come loose. If that pivit pin falls out of position it can cause all kinds of trouble, The guy the did my conversion welded the end of the pin and the weld broke in the middle of a match, I was a bit pissed off but he cheerfully re welded it and when it borke a second time I fixed it right. Where are you shooting?

Edited by topmaul

Many, many conversion have this issue... I basically thought most stick or catch a little when converted. The culprit is typically the triggle hole. When you squeeze the trigger it pivits on its axis pin. Thus, the rear of the trigger goes up in the receiver and the front of the trigger comes down and protrudes slightly ouside the receiver. You don't notice that the trigger slightly catches on the sheetmetal because the force of your finger squeezing the trigger is significant enough to easily overcome the resistance of VERY SLIGHT dimensional differences between the sheetmetal opening and the trigger. However, when you release the trigger, only the FCG spring resets the trigger and this does not have nearly the force of your finger squeezing the trigger. Hence, it catches on the sheet metal.

You can check if this is the problem by pressing the trigger forward when it does not reset. If the trigger resets then this most likely the issue. Now, how is this fixed? VERY easily with a narrow flat file.

Usually, the trigger catches on the sheetmetal of the receiver upon the release of the trigger as it rotates back into the 'ready to fire' position. As the piece of the trigger (that moved into the receiver upon firing) rotates upon release of the trigger, the front (or rear) of the trigger will catch on the front (or rear) of the sheetmetal hole from which it protrudes. You can either file the sheetmetal or the trigger. It is easiest to file the trigger hole in the sheetmetal receiver. It doesn't take much filing, just a few good strokes. I recommend filing about 15 stokes and test; then file again and test... until it resets easily every time.

NOTE: You should see where this 'catching' occurs if you do a dry fire test. ALL OF THE ONES I'VE SEEN CAUGHT ON THE FRONT... so that is probably where the problem is. BUT, there have been references to it catching on the rear.... but it is rare. The solution is the same, just file the sheetmetal where it catches.

Edited by RDSWriter

+1 on RDSWriter's comment. I've had a G2 bind in the square cut out in the bottom of the receiver after trigger pull (fails to return) due to the front edge catching. Take a close look all around the trigger where it exits the bottom of the receiver as you pull the trigger and make sure it's not catching anywhere. I just had to dress mine up with a small file slightly. Quick fix if that's it.

Thanks for the info guys. I'm glad to know it is a simple problem instead of something I would need to send off for repairs.

i had the same problem with my s 12 and s 223 the hammer , trigger spring kept falling Inside the trigger group. I had to bend the hammer spring where it contacts the trigger it happened on the saftey side both times