i just picked up a Intratec TEC-22 at the local shop for $200, guy that had it before took bad care of it and brought it in saying "wont work" so i bought a new butler creek 10-22 mag for it and it fed right away. it then started to stovepipe and i found the extractor wasnt sticking up far enough to grab all the way onto the rim. lil dremel work with the rubber polishing stone and now it feeds everything ive tried dry cycleing, im gonna try to get to the range tmo to pop off a few boxes ill let ya know

TEC22.JPG

o yeah i took this pic with the old mag, would u beleive it used to be clear? o and notice it also looks like he let it turn brown (cant notice it unless its in the right light) so looks like im gonna be busting out the high temp paint

PS, like my new avatar? thats me shooting my tommygun

Edited by shotgun_lobotomy

I Do... that was GREAT!!!! totally hysterical add... that guy HATED that pistol... he said it would make a better gun melted into slag and thrown at a perp! LOL ( or something like that.... he really hated it though!)

:smoke:

yeah i remember that and i can see why, but it wasnt hard to fix, first i had a bad mag (RAMLINE SUCKS!) then my extractor wasnt shaped right and 3rd, the real problem was the fireing pin had dented the chamber and caused the shell to stick in the chamber DONT DRY FIRE 22'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!now its a evil lil champ. ive always been one to actually WORK on a gun not just give up

Yep,

When I saw that ad, I took it as a challenge. But it was already sold. Glad to hear you got it rockin!

Shane

I see you're a BF2'er. Too bad my internet sucks over here, otherwise we could team up and go make some 14-year-olds cry!

Edited by shaneman153a

i still haveing problems, its stovepipeing, i think that the ejector is angles a lil wrong and instead of clearing the hole its bounceing around inside of it, its feeding the next round and everything just lil brass bastard left in there.

i havent got to play bf2 in a while, just like to sit and play all night, dont like to jump in for one game but one day ill whoop your ass for ya :)

i still haveing problems, its stovepipeing, i think that the ejector is angles a lil wrong and instead of clearing the hole its bounceing around inside of it, its feeding the next round and everything just lil brass bastard left in there.

i havent got to play bf2 in a while, just like to sit and play all night, dont like to jump in for one game but one day ill whoop your ass for ya :)

:lolol: Very nic!

I tried to compare stats with ya, I assume you're Shotgun_Lobotomy1234. Hmmm......you must not play ranked servers very often.................... :haha:

Some day brotha! Lata

Update: Seems some guys in the subguns.com forums say that the only mags that like this gun is the butler creek Steel Lips mags since they have the built in ejector. makes sense but pisses me off to no end, i just bought a "hot lips" mag that wont work and they wont take it back at the store since i fired a few shots thro it (like 3) so now i have to find $30 for another mag somehow

Just as an aside, as we are talking about 10/22 magazines... did anyone see on the back page below the "poor man's storm" Stocks, on the Centerfire catalogue...

10/22 DRUM MAGS?!?!? OH wait... I mean NLFD devices.... for $69 bucks!! ( Yeah, pricey, I know...)

50 round NLFD's... not the oval ones of long ago... real honest to goodness ROUND ones... look like they belong on a tommy gun!! :up::lol::up:

:smoke:

well its got a $23 sticker on it so how about 20 and ill pay shipping?most ive done was load it up a few times and cycle the action and i think i may have fired a total of 5 rounds in it

i saw those drums, look cool but should hold alot more than what it does, i can get bananas in 50 round for half the price

• 2 months later...

That Tec-22 is nice, I wouldn't mind owning one especially because I can use 10/22 magazines.

Look at the Violence Policy Center's distorted description of this pistol and their claiming that the manufacturer catered to criminals. This pistol and the Tec-9 really piss off these anti gun Nazis that even the .22 pistol rattles their nerves.

I'm thinking of building one out of 10/22 parts with a new receiver which has never been used as a rifle or an 80% receiver to avoid making an illegal short barreled rifle.

I have a Ram Line 50 round stick magazine which is about the same external size as the Eagle 30 round and Pro Mag 25 round mags which would make your Tec-22 a great hi cap plinker. All the mentioned magazines work in the 10/22 and it's nice to run a whole box of .22 ammo in that mag although it's takes time to load.

• 2 months later...