Anybody shot a Taurus 44-410/44-10 ?? Pic

Has anybody had a chance to own or shoot one of these 45Long Colt /410 SGshell pistolas with a 6.5" barrel??..Got a chance to buy one at a good deal..& was just ponder'n buy'n it..

Also..Has anybody spotted a good deal on a S&W Mod# 617 in a ten shot cyl 6" w/target hammer & trigger in Stainless Steel??

if so give me a shout purty pleez!..

post-179-1144737223_thumb.jpg

post-179-1144737738_thumb.jpg

I love my Taurus!!!! Its prolly one of the most fun guns i have. I finnally got my black model about a month ago and it has the long barrel.Its purdy useless though in my opinion.So far all i've shot in it is number 7 shot, but at bout 15 feet im gettin 7 foot patterns!!!!!!!!!!!!Now buckshot might be a different story and i can see it being a purdy good house gun with that. It does have a purdy good kick to it but after a few rounds you get used to it. I also tryed some 45 colt but i think my sights are way off cause i had to aim bout a foot low at 10 yards to hit where i wanted. Hope this helps.

By the way,how much is the one your looking at??? Mine was about $500 with tax.

I didn't check yet..but I suppose it has a rifled barrel??..Look'n at yours...does it look like the barrel is thick enough to adapt a full choke to it??.or maybe thread it for a screw on choke???[sorta like the TC contender]Is yours the 6.5" barrel??..

i can pick this one up for about $425 cash NIB..with all pw etc.. or he wants one of my Glock 26s for it..It's the stainless model..

Thanks for the input...I may grab it if I can get a choke on it..Don't care much for the 45Long Colt.....Oh yal..almost forgot..i guess it only chambers 2.5" Shells right???..

Thanks again

Stay safer!

When i bought mine it said it was supposed to come with a set of choke tubes but mine didnt,and it aint made for one either. I guess if you really wanted to you could have a choke mounted on it.I think the easiest way would be to do an external choke like on a saiga. If you did it that way i dont think it would be that hard. And yes mine is the 6.5 inch barrel. Its a 5 shooter and it will only chamber the 2.5 inch shells. If you have any more questions id be happy to try to answer them.

Choke tubes on a 44?

Well..actually the Taurus is a 45 Long Colt..but it also allows a 410 SG shell to be fired in it..

But since ya mentioned 44cal...I've shot a Smith&Wesson Mod 629 that had a 8 3/8ths " barrel,that had a choke similar to the Saiga External chokesthat were about 3" long...that was hell on dove & Clays ..when using those special 44mag shot shells that had the extended little blue capsules loaded with shot..

My bud,the owner of the Smith 44mag..was really great @ bust'n clays with it..

It would still shoot 44mag ammo...as long as ya removed the chokes..:-)