help me out guys

Well, I will respond to this one here...

I think its a FANTASTIC idea... I truly do love the idea of the straight back trigger mechanism to alleviate the horrid factory .308 trigger!!! :up: :up:

Now to reality....

It will ONLY work on non-converted S-.308's for once you convert there is already a potential "match trigger" from Red-star arms that drops right in, is adjustable, and works awesome...

Secondly... I think the machining/fabricating of the trigger assembly to actually ALLOW the use of a straight back pull will almost be more hullaballoo... than a standard conversion to begin with... you would need to widen the trigger guard, add/install the mechanism that will HOLD the new trigger in line, and keep it rigid... then you would have to dissassemble the factory trigger to make GOOD CUTS and shape the end that will stick out to ride on the new trigger... by then, just drop in a Red star arms, and be done... thats what I think will go through MOST peoples minds...

If it could be done without hassles... Yeah, I think its a great idea... I just think the little things will make it less user friendly in the installation stage than they would like...

I am not knocking it, as I think its a great idea... Just need to make it WAY SIMPLE to install...

:smoke:

The stock trigger ain't bad. DIFFERENT, but not bad. I kind of like it now that I have gotten used to it.

Shoot 200 rounds and see if you still want to change it.

G O B

Ya know.... the S-.308 trigger is VERY SIMILAR to a K-31's trigger.... except the K-31's are way better right out of the box! :lol: LOL On those its a long back and upward pull... it stops... then it will break super clean/crisp... the .308 is a little less precise... but about the same... long back and up pull... stops... break...

The K-31 trigger has a long take-up; my Saiga .308 has very little. I consider my Saiga trigger very good, even if not target rifle light. The Saiga x39 which I sold some time ago had a HORRIBLE trigger, much heavier and grittier than my .308.

Monomonk

Ya know.... the S-.308 trigger is VERY SIMILAR to a K-31's trigger.... except the K-31's are way better right out of the box! :lol: LOL On those its a long back and upward pull... it stops... then it will break super clean/crisp... the .308 is a little less precise... but about the same... long back and up pull... stops... break...