Hello, I am new to the forum and new to Saiga ownership as well.

I was looking around the site and trying to see what are the common changes/modifications folks make to their SAIGA .410 Shotties for everything from plinking to quail hunting. Seems like a common addition is a folding stock and upper hand guards, but I am concerned about the legal issues surrounding any mods I might make.

I am currently serving another tour in Baghdad, Iraq, but am stationed at Fort Campbell, Kentucky when I am home. I appreciate any ideas/suggestions, pics, etc... anyone may provide on this subjest.

Thanks in advance for both your time and assistance.

J. Allen

Welcome to the forums!!!

Firstly, check out the "tech section" there are TONS of info there to help you along...

As far as legality, its been covered and covered and beat to death... posted a hundred thousand times.... you need to be 922R compliant... that means you can only have a certain number of "imported" parts on the firearm. the REST... must be USA made parts... have the proper number of USA parts, you have a USA rifle, and it is legal. Some state laws may apply that are not applicable federally... such as in NY I am *NOT ALLOWED* a pistol grip on a shotgun... but it is not a federal issue... nor does 922R make any difference... even if it were 100% usa made parts... a pistol grip shotty in NY is a NO NO...

Look up 922R on the forums... you will find posts that list the parts to swap out for ease and convenience in any conversion...

other than that... your imagination and wallet are the limits to your creation! :lol:

:smoke:

Welcome. And thanks for doing time in the sand box. The .410 has 13 forign parts. The G3 trigger will replace 3 forign parts. So as long as you use a USA pistolgrip, it's legal (922r compliant).

G O B