Just checked web page at Classic Arms and at 11:35 this morning they posted that 5 of these just became available! They will no doubt disappear soon. Just a heads up for you guys looking for one. :up:

I've debated with myself all day whether to get one or not. I just got a saiga 308 and converted it to look like a PSL, and now classic has 'em. What to do, what to do...

I've debated with myself all day whether to get one or not. I just got a saiga 308 and converted it to look like a PSL, and now classic has 'em. What to do, what to do...

Your dilemma has been solved by others. They are all sold out, within four hours of being posted. :angry: But I got one! :up:

I was just at their page and it said they were Out Of Stock.

It is/was at the very top of their homepage.

From what I've learned the Romanians called them PSL, Century imported some as "Romak 3" and Interordnance imported them as "SSG-97"

Those marked "FPK Dragunov" or the like are likely assembled in Tennessee. Parts kit on a Romanian receiver. The "paratrooper" models were also made this way and sold by Centerfire and others. From what I gather the Romanians never made a shorter paratrooper model.

From what I've learned the Romanians called them PSL, Century imported some as "Romak 3" and Interordnance imported them as "SSG-97"

Those marked "FPK Dragunov" or the like are likely assembled in Tennessee. Parts kit on a Romanian receiver. The "paratrooper" models were also made this way and sold by Centerfire and others. From what I gather the Romanians never made a shorter paratrooper model.

Yes, the terms Romak 3, SSG97, PSL, and FPK are apparently interchangable although the FPK is errant but has stuck. They are made by Tennessee Guns, and distributors include AIM, Centerfire, Classic Arms, J&G, RSR Group, Sarco, and SOG along with a few others. They ae based on the AK action (ROManian AK) and not the true Dragunov. The true PSL's are in current use in eastern Europe, the Middle East and West Asia. They are meant for selective suppressive fire (out to 800 yards) beyond the range of the standard AK's. Sniper-wise they were designed to hit a body-sized target and not a headshot. One of the keys to accuracy is recommended use of Wolf 7.62x54 148 gr. ammo as these rifles were not meant for the heavier grains like many of the cheap surplus ammos available are. The barrels are non-tapered and relatively thin so a high firing rate may degrade accuracy. Reviews I've seen are generally favorable with some reports of 3/4 inch groups at up to 200 yards, although 1 MOA are more typical. These rifles reportedly have retained their value over the last 6 or 7 years. For oral-anal types the wood and metal finishes are average at best but can obviously be remedied postmarket. This is just what I've gleaned looking at various sites recently.

Well thanks for the expansion. I found that mine had many nicks in the front handguards to I refinished it just like my other wood AKs in the picture. It has shot well but I have yet to adjust the sights which are a little off.

Well thanks for the expansion. I found that mine had many nicks in the front handguards to I refinished it just like my other wood AKs in the picture. It has shot well but I have yet to adjust the sights which are a little off.

Cool! Loking forward to seeing how it works. Good luck there.

• Chatbox

Load More
    You don't have permission to chat.