Should my new Saiga-12 have burnt powder in it.

Just got a new 12 gauge and it seems like its been used already!! The gas adj knob has marks on it that looks like someone tried to turn it and didn't know about the release, and there was a lot of burnt powder on the pistons and in the barrel too. Was yours like that?? Loren

Just got a new 12 gauge and it seems like its been used already!! The gas adj knob has marks on it that looks like someone tried to turn it and didn't know about the release, and there was a lot of burnt powder on the pistons and in the barrel too. Was yours like that?? Loren

The ones I've gotten are not whistle clean--they have been test fired at Izhmash. The gas setting knob often looks a little ratty to start with, at least some of the ones I've seen.

Edited by tritium
I think they are test fired by monkeys, actually.

Yes the gunpowder is nothing to be concerned with - you should see the video of those russian monkeys - look for pooh in the barrel. No monkey pooh, good S-12. That russian powder is notorious for being very dirty also, ever shoot a few boxes of Wolf, or even a few rounds and looks like you shot 100 rounds of winchester.

The factory adjusts the gas system and sights. BOOM screw out carrier rod. BOOM screw in carrier rod. Boom adjust front sight BOOM hit rear sight with BFH. Ect.ect., fun job, do it as long as the boss will let you (or give you ammo for!) clean weapon ... are you nuts, this is an AK!

G O B