Newb qeustions

I'm a complete newb, so bare with me guys. I'm planning to get a saiga-12 soon and I need to know the best way to do the mods I want legally and a good place to purchase my s12. I want to cut the barrel down as much as possible but keep it threaded, shorten the front hand guard and of course register it as a sbs. I also want to change to a pistol grip and under-folder (or over-folder?), add a front grip and upgrade the sights. I don't even know if I can do all of these on one gun.:unsure: Any advice will be appreciated.

A lot of guys do their own mods if you're talking conversion to pistol grip, but if you are looking at SBS mods, many would highly recommend you check out www.tromix.com This is Tony Rumore, perhaps the best for this job. He does many SBS's, of high quality.

Welcome bigj480

Here's a link to a web page that I used to do my S-12 Conversion it's pretty straight forward and if you go this rout to do your conversion you get to use the OEM trigger guard.

http://www.gunsnet.net/forums/showthread.php?t=216631

The only thing I did different was that I used a RSA pin retainer plate as apposed to reusing the OEM retaining spring.

crook2.jpg

Edited by Tiny

I've already visited the tromix site and admired their work, do they sell s-12s or do I have to buy one and ship it? I will contact them to get a quote, I guess. I am mechanically inclined but I have never done any gunsmithing and with my very limited knowledge of the subject it's not something I want to jump into. Is it legal to have to have the folding stock and front grip? On the list of "evil characteristics" that would be 3! Are there any collapsible stocks or top folding stocks?

well, Im guessing by your IP that you are in texas, bigJ. so, as long as the correct US parts are on the gun, its no longer an evil foreign gun and you can do pretty much whatever to it.

fbmginc.com is partnered up with tromix on the saiga builds, I believe. yes, they sell the guns complete, or will rework yours if you send them it. drop them a line.

Im new as well. I bought the Saiga 12 (Hunting model) last year, and it has been in the box since then. Last week I mailed off the AFT NFA paperwork for the Short Barrel.

I called Tony at Tromix today and he answered some of my questions. I am glad to see in this forum that so many people are happy with his work, as I am about to mail the Saiga 12 off to him for mods.

I know the NFA paperwork takes awhile, so until I plan on hanging in this forum gaining ideas on what work to have Tromix do.

Today I also ordered a few 8 round magazines from rusmilitary.com ..... ouch... I wasnt expecting to pay near that amount. Guess I had better get to lurking around in here to learn what else Im in for.

Blam

Im new as well. I bought the Saiga 12 (Hunting model) last year, and it has been in the box since then. Last week I mailed off the AFT NFA paperwork for the Short Barrel.

I called Tony at Tromix today and he answered some of my questions. I am glad to see in this forum that so many people are happy with his work, as I am about to mail the Saiga 12 off to him for mods.

I know the NFA paperwork takes awhile, so until I plan on hanging in this forum gaining ideas on what work to have Tromix do.

Today I also ordered a few 8 round magazines from rusmilitary.com ..... ouch... I wasnt expecting to pay near that amount. Guess I had better get to lurking around in here to learn what else Im in for.

Blam

Ouch. There are US made 10 rounders coming shortly for probably cheaper than the imported 8 rounders. I'm going to be sending my Saiga 12 to Tromix as well I think, though i;'m not going the SBS route. While that would be very nice...I'm far too impatient to deal with all the paperwork, and it's a bit expensive.