.410 lower frame...can be used to assemble a conversion?

Hi guys:

I´m new in this forum.

I´m from Argentina, and seems to be very hard to get a Saiga down here. I recently got a .410 one marked "Kalashnikov", that seems to be a very early model.

My question is: Can I use the lower frame to place a caliber conversion upper?.

Let´s say .20 ga or 12ga?.

I never had anyother in my hands to realize if there´s any difference, so please forgive me if I´m asking something very obvious.

Thanks in advance for all your comments.

Alberto Hart

IPSC shooter

Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Replacing an "upper" to change caliber works only if it has detachable upper and lower sections of the receiver. Most prominent of these is the AR-15/M16.

The AK is built with more basic methods where the barrel and receiver are always connected. Even if the sizes did line up, you couldn't simply put on another assembly to change calibers. Replacing a barrel requires gunsmithing.

The Saiga 410 has more in common with the Saiga rifles than with the 12ga and 20ga shotguns.

Or, in simple terms...

NO you cant. Sorry.

However... there is nothing wrong with the .410... ( other than it ISNT a 12 or a 20 gauge) They are very useful little shotties in their own rights, and are just as deadly with slugs!

I would think if a .410 made it down your way that a 12 should be able to, as well...

Welcome to the forum!

:smoke:

Or, in simple terms...

NO you cant. Sorry.

However... there is nothing wrong with the .410... ( other than it ISNT a 12 or a 20 gauge) They are very useful little shotties in their own rights, and are just as deadly with slugs!

I would think if a .410 made it down your way that a 12 should be able to, as well...

Welcome to the forum!

:smoke:

Thank you Indy.

The problem I have is that the .410 gauge doe snot meet the IPSC power factor.

20 Ga does, but needs to be reloaded with a little more powder.

Well...it seems that I should insist trying to get a 12Ga. one.

Thanks in deed.

Alberto