Who has 7.62 Saigas?!?

Who has 16" barreled 7.62 x 39 Saigas at a good price? They are on backorder at CDNN ($180) and SOG ($170). My local Dunhams has one...but they want $230 plus 6% sales tax. A local FFL does transfers for $20...so I'll probably wait until SOG gets them in. Any other distributors have them for $180 or less? If someone hears when SOG gets them...please post here. I don't really want to call SOG daily.

You might want to try "gunbroker.com" . Sometimes you can find one at a decent price. Sometimes way to high. I've never bought anything thru this site but it is formatted sort of like Ebay. Interesting to look through though.

$230 is good price at the moment. they are backorder most places. execting new shipment in a few weeks. if not next month or the month after that.

www.galleryofguns.com they have thirteen though had 40 two weeks ago.

www.gunbroker.com

www.auctionarms.com

besides that its hit or miss mostly miss and if you do find one probably wont be many unless you find some dealer that stock piled them back when availible and either has not sold any or has intentionally sat on them.

:super: Dunhams is running a Memorial Day sale and the 7.62 x 39 Saigas are $199.99. I got there when the store opened at 10:00 a.m. and grabbed one! I paid about $11 more than doing a transfer from SOG (when and if they come in). The Saiga was made in December 2003. For $212 OTD I'm happy! :devil:

You did good! I ran thru gunbroker.com just to satisfy my curiosity about current asking prices. Some of those vendors are really putting it (or trying to) to people without even the courtesy of a kiss. They must think the things are gold plated.

My local gun dealers are saying the same thing. The availablity seems to be going down! Just a year ago they were in almost every store (the good ones at least)! Last I had a discussion with one of the purchasers - he said that he was having a hard time finding them so..... he just gave up trying. I wonder what the deal is?Maybe when the gun law sunsets....................

I hope I don't get in trouble for "advertizing". The store I work at has Saigas in stock, 7.62, .223 and .308. The 223 and 7.62 are $225.00 and the .308 is about $309.00. When I answered a similar querey on another site I was scolded for advertizing. If it is ok let me know and I will give the website and phone number.

We are in Va. Bch. Va.

If you mean Gunsnet, they are commercial and have had a long history of learning experiences, from which they have developed a variety of rules relating to advertising

I wouldn't worry about posting a distributor link here. Now if you were a distributor and syphoned up Saiga12.com's bandwidth to advertise, that would be different.

:smoke: We are a small gun shop in Va. Beach Va. we just have a few Saigas in stock. Yesterday we had a .223 and a few 308s. I looked for the 7.62 but we must have sold it the day before. The store name is the Armory (757) 424-1617 and the web site is; www.the-armory.com

Right now some of these rifles are in short supply because the shop owners are hesitant to buy a lot of "post ban" guns fearing that if the AWB is left to die they might be stuck with an inventory that will be hard to move without taking a big loss :cryss: .

The base rifles are great material for conversion to US compliant config, and soon post-AWB-expiration, with folder stocks and attached bayo lugs and threaded barrels. Gun shops should learn about this and learn to do it. I'd be doing it for people if I had an FFL. Then those Saigas would be worth their weight in gold.