Bolt carrier catches on hammer and sticks!

I just did my conversion and installed a G2 single hook FCG. The problem now is that when I pull back the bolt and release it, the hammer will push up against the bottom of my bolt carrier (the ramped part the rides against the rounds in the mag) to the point where it will stop the bolt. If I hold down the trigger so that the disconnector holds the hammer, it is lower and so the bolt will move forward with no problems though. Can someone tell me what is wrong with my setup?

Thanks!

Did you mill or grind the hammer so that it is flat against the back of the bolt when in the forward (fired) position?

If you dont' do this, it will A) cause a hang-up and B) deform the back of the bolt.

You can also return the G-2 or use for a 7.63 or .223 Saiga and get a VEPR .308 RSA fcg ( http://www.redstararms.com ) and use that - I've installed two and other than very minor fitting issues they are drop-in and work excellent - fully and I mean fully adjustable - comes with directions.

Thanks, I skipped the RSA because it was too much :unsure:

I flattened the ''hump" so it will clear the cross member but the bolt carrier is snagging on the top face of the hammer. I'm not supposed to flatten this also am I?

Edited by AK-308

I would have to see the hammer- not sure what you're referring to. The only part that needs milling is the part that contacts the back of the bolt to my knowledge. This is similar to the SAR-3 which also requires a mod to the standard AK hammer.

I've installed 12 G-2 fcg's and 3 Red Stars - all of the G-2's went into 7.62 or 5.45 AK's - and 2 of the Red Stars went into S308's - and function perfectly. Well worth the $85 IMHO.

I would have to see the hammer- not sure what you're referring to. The only part that needs milling is the part that contacts the back of the bolt to my knowledge. This is similar to the SAR-3 which also requires a mod to the standard AK hammer.

I've installed 12 G-2 fcg's and 3 Red Stars - all of the G-2's went into 7.62 or 5.45 AK's - and 2 of the Red Stars went into S308's - and function perfectly. Well worth the $85 IMHO.

Which RSA trigger did you use? I don't see one specifically for the Saiga 308.

Which RSA trigger did you use? I don't see one specifically for the Saiga 308.

The one made for the VEPR 308 is the one to use, from what I gather.

Anyways, I polished down the hammer and ramped the top face just a bit and all is well. I think it was just new and rough.