Saigas at Salem Va. gunshow.....WOW!!!

Well........ I went to the Salem Va. gunshow today looking to buy a Saiga .223 rifle. I was expecting to pay $300 for a 16 inch rifle. Boy was I surprised....... The 16 inch Saiga was $240 and the 20 inch was $260 !!! I bought one of each......LOL...... I will convert them when I get the time. The Saiga 7.62 X 39 rifles did have receiver dimples. The .223 rifles didn't. They also had .308's and shotguns. Just gotta find someone to install a bullet guide now. I can do the rest.

Here is a photo of the 20 inch .223 Saiga...Haven't fired it yet.

post-3-1156971339_thumb.jpg

AKMIKEFMJ,

Was it Trader Jerry with those 20 inch Saiga rifles in .223? I'm near Richmond and looking for one.

The pistol grip is a Galil from Ace Limited. It is a little bigger than a typical AK grip. Price was $29 including grip,screw,T-nut and shipping. Just gotta get out and shoot that baby........Thanks.......Mike

Mike,

Big thanks on the heads-up for Dark Sun and 20 inch Saiga .223 rifles. I bought my Saiga 12 from them a few years back. I'll give them a call today and purchase a long barrel rifle for 3-gun competitions.

Edited by Ronswin

The pistol grip is a Galil from Ace Limited. It is a little bigger than a typical AK grip. Price was $29 including grip,screw,T-nut and shipping. Just gotta get out and shoot that baby........Thanks.......Mike

Mike,

Big thanks on the heads-up for Dark Sun and 20 inch Saiga .223 rifles. I bought my Saiga 12 from them a few years back. I'll give them a call today and purchase a long barrel rifle for 3-gun competitions.

Mike,

Did you show Aaron at Trader Jerry's in Salem a Saiga you were converting? He told me he had a customer named Mike who had some experience with the conversion, and I'm guessing you're that Mike. I'd love to see the bullet guide and other particulars, if you wouldn't mind showing me. I bought a couple of the Saigas from Aaron and Carrie. They know me well. Thanks, Dirk

Dirk..... I told Aaron about my Saiga conversion. He hasn't seen it yet. I would be glad to help you with any questions. I am ordering the bullet guides from Dinzag. He is selling them here. E-mail me with any questions. I have ordered Galil 35 round polymer mags to use in my conversions. Just a minute with a Dremel and the mags fit great. mbmdreams@cs.com

NOW.... go to lowes, or the local hardware store, and go to the section where they have those drawers of misc hardware parts and stuff... and get some of the BLACK 3/16th nylon hole plugs... they will fill in the 4 leftover cross bolt holes from the old FCG.. and they will LOOK LIKE FACTORY RIVETS!!!!

They are like 50 cents a pair... so for a buck and change, the holes are gone!!! :up:

Search the tech section for the original post ( S20 section... ) its a killer quick, easy finishing touch!!!

:smoke:

Thanks Indy.....I will look for them. I also got to the range yesterday to shoot the new Saiga .223 pictured above. It ran like a dream. 80 rounds of Wolf .223 FMJ and no problems. I did have to adjust the front sight a bit though. I am waiting for bullet guides I purchased from Dinzag (MO mailed friday). I also have some more Galil Orlite 35 round Mags on order from CDNN. I have never installed a bullet guide or drilled and tapped anything other than a girlfriend before. I hope it works out......... :angel:

• 5 weeks later...