Saiga .223 conversation questions?

Guest aubie515

Guest aubie515

Hi everyone,

I registered on this forum a while back, but never posted. I have an unfired Saiga 223 that I would like to have converted. I have been reading some of the old threads and I wanted to know how much it would cost to do a conversation? I already have two Weiger 30 round mags. If the mags fit the rifle...will I still need the bullet guide?

I am hoping that Dinzag or another member could do the conversion for me. I would like to get a rough estimate on how much it will cost. If it will cost too much, I will probably just sell the rifle.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Edited by aubie515

First... CLICK on this section...

Guest Book - A Discussion on any topic is welcome here!!!
Then, when in there... scroll down a tiny bit, and you will see...

>> Tech Section

NEW MEMBERS... *CHECK HERE FIRST*

IF you still cant seem to find it... heres a direct link!

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=8856

Enjoy!!!

:smoke:

Hi everyone,

I registered on this forum a while back, but never posted. I have an unfired Saiga 223 that I would like to have converted. I have been reading some of the old threads and I wanted to know how much it would cost to do a conversation? I already have two Weiger 30 round mags. If the mags fit the rifle...will I still need the bullet guide?

I am hoping that Dinzag or another member could do the conversion for me. I would like to get a rough estimate on how much it will cost. If it will cost too much, I will probably just sell the rifle.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Hey Aubie, good to see you outside Styerclub!

i've got a .223 as well, it is a damn fine gun....i have not converted mine, but am getting US made wood and trigger components to get into 922r compliance. then the hi caps will follow.

in the mean time it is still a great gun. Don't sell it, even if you keep it stock....don't sell it. you'll regret it if you do.

that is my two cents.

later

Guest aubie515

Hi Ranger....good to see you too.

I told my wife I wouldn't make another firearm purchase for a year...my choice. I might just sell one of my AKs and keep the Saiga. Especially with 7.62x39 prices going up so much. I have a bunch of 223 ammo, so I"m set. Maybe I will keep the rifle for a winter project...keep me busy when we cannot hunt and it's cold outside.

Once you get the parts the conversion will only take an afternoon. I would advise going to your local industrial supplier for drillbitts and such not the cheap ChiComm bitts and such from Lowes or HomeDepot. You will need quality, for Siaga work.