Good source for Weigers?

CDNN has a good price on Orlites 5 bucks each you might want to go that route, the Weigers need a bit of grinding to make work also. Maybe the Orlites would be a better choice given price and avilaibility.

I have 5 Wiegers, which have been modified for my S-223 they work great with some modification.

CDNN has a good price on Orlites 5 bucks each you might want to go that route, the Weigers need a bit of grinding to make work also. Maybe the Orlites would be a better choice given price and avilaibility.

I have 5 Wiegers, which have been modified for my S-223 they work great with some modification.

I saw that. I will definately get some, but I read a post somewhere else where someone couldn't get Orlites to work...I don't know if that was just one person or if that happens, but Weigers were the only mag I've heard that will work all the time when modified. I remember seeing the Weigers for sale for 4 for $49.95 or something like that. I would like to get a few more confirmed reports of Orlites working.

I found out why the Weiger mags got harder to find, somebody bought up a bunch and converted them to fit unmodified Saigas and refinishing them. Surefire is packaging and selling them now. Gilberts has them for $49 I think :unsure: They've also got the modified AK mags too.

Just an FYI on the Weiger mags. Back in 1997 Forest Inc used to sell them for $7ea. At the time there were no guns in the U.S. that accepted that mag. It wasn't until the SAR-3 came along that there was any use for them. I was buying them back then and converting them to run the Valmets. I converted about 2,000 of them.

The magazine originally fit the StG941, StG942, and StG943, but none of those rifles ever got imported. So these days, the magazine may be refered to as a StG940 (the series) SAR-3, or Weiger. Weiger is like Kalashnikov, he designed the StG940 series of rifles.

Tony

question. do any of these people that sell the modified mags to run in unconverted stock saigas even mention that it is illegal to attach the mag to the gun without proper us parts count?

like the 20 round US 308 mags that will be coming out, there really should be a disclaimer on the packaging stating this, so that someone cant say "i didnt know" and then blame the maker for thier bad.

I agree, we do not want to see people set up for failure, additionally we do not want to get the Saiga line of fire arms under the microscope of the media. Let's just obey the law, and enjoy our fire arms while they are still legal to own. So we can have fond memories of the days before the U.N. took them all away from us.

• 2 weeks later...