New member questions

I'm new around these parts and have a few questions :angel: I'm looking into getting a saiga in .223 with a 16.5" barrel. I know this is kind of a dumb question but what are your opinions on this rifle? What is the average NIB price? Where is the best place to get one? I will most likely be ordering it online and having my local FFL do a transfer for me since none of the local shops carry them. Thanks in advance.

I just finished my Saiga .223 pistol grip conversion and I am extremely happy with it. I paid $240 plus cash at the Salem Virginia Gun Show last month. With Wolf 55 grain .223 FMJ I was hitting plastic soda bottles at 110 yards with open sights. What fun !!!! Get two............ Great guns..........

I'm thinking of getting one in a 223 as well. I'd recommend doing a PG conversion with the help of the forum and this website ( http://www.cross-conn.com/Saiga_Conversion/ ). Then if you don't want to try doing the bullet guide, you can always buy the mags that have been converted for the Siaga series from Gilberts Guns, $49ea. In the end I think you'll be very happy with the rifle.

Thanks for all the replies. Another question, what is the best scope mount to get. Are the tri-rail mounts good? Thanks

A lot of folks use the Eastwave mounts--they have high and low rise mounts. See www.eastwave.ca