Ace Folding SOCOM stock?

Hello, Saiga Wizards

I'm preparing stocks for conversions on my S-.308 and S-12. I was eyeballing those sweeet Ace SOCOM folders and wondering if anyone had any knowledge, experience or advice...

-I'm thinking if they will fold up without covering any important stuff (safety? sight mount?) they may be a good choice (although a bit pricey!)

Any advice would be hugely appreciated, I was going to order as soon as possible. If not the SOCOM, then I was thinking folding skeleton for S12, AR style folding collapsable for S.308.

TIA,

Guido2 in Houston

I don't know specifically about the SOCOM but the Ace skeleton folder will fold fine over every scope mount I own HOWEVER... you can not remove or install the Belarus mounts with the it set-up to fold to the left. I just got a K-Var KV-04 mount yesterday because of this problem and am impressed enough with the quality to now cut the dang tang off of my S-308. The Ace skeleton stock folds over the Kobra perfectly but I couldn't help but notice that in the pics above the Kobra is not installed with the SOCOM folded so I'm guessing it will not fold all the way with a mount installed.

Edited by DaGroaner
Hey Rocketman, what kind of front end set up is that? And how much work to make it fit?

Tony Rumor and I worked a lot on this gun. The front end is a Polychoke with a flash hider milled into it. The sights are Krebs. This conversion was the first S12 to use the Command Arms TDI forward grip. TDI and basically everyone said it could not be done. I told Tony I would purchase the parts and have him take a look and as usual - Tony proved them wrong and it good to see others using the grip as well. The grip is really comfortable and lightweight - configurations are completed quickly. Tony then agreed to add the top AK guard to finish the project. Other mods include a blackjack buffer, limbsaver pad, Red Star Arms fire control group, Kobra scope, and Surefire M900A light. The gun works great and very easy and comfortable to shoot - no pain.