Reliability

Hey guys, im shopping around for my first firearm purchase, and have pretty much narrowed it down to the Saiga 223, but am wondering, will this be as reliable and durable as the Aks are known for?

Will the different round affect any of the great qualities the AK has for its ruggedness?

On a side note, does anyone know is a CAR/M4 stock could be installed on the Saiga? As far as Ive checked in GA it would be legal, but is it possible? If not Ill just go with the factory side stock and pistol grip but would prefer something different.

And just to make sure, a stock,grip & 30rd mags would be legal correct?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Hey guys, im shopping around for my first firearm purchase, and have pretty much narrowed it down to the Saiga 223, but am wondering, will this be as reliable and durable as the Aks are known for?

Will the different round affect any of the great qualities the AK has for its ruggedness?

On a side note, does anyone know is a CAR/M4 stock could be installed on the Saiga? As far as Ive checked in GA it would be legal, but is it possible? If not Ill just go with the factory side stock and pistol grip but would prefer something different.

AKRBU-M4FS-ext.jpg

You mean like this? aceltdusa.com Check these guys out....

Don't have my Saiga .223 yet (should be in hand Friday /tomorrow), but I've looked at these for over a year and read ALOT of info here and there. The consensus is they are VERY reliable and work very well. I own 5 ARs and love the 5.56 caliber, but wanted an inexpensive (relatively speaking...) trunk gun and decided on the Saiga. I suspect I won't be disappointed.

***EDIT*** As stated below, once you start messing with the stock and high cap mags, you get into 922r water.

Edited by easy610

Welcome

No it's not legal to just lock in a mag and change the stock. Look around here under PG conversion info and you will see what needs to be done to get what you want. You will also ned to add a feedramp or bullet guide to the rifle in order to use regular AK mags. The mags will also need to be converted to work. The Bulgie 5.56x45 mags are the easiest and most reliable.

Thanks for all the help guys. I emailed cheaper than dirt and according to them the AK stock conversion wont work on Saigas, but Ive also emailed ACE and will see what they have to say.

I will most likely take it to a shop and have them work on it(hopefully the M4 stock and a pistol grip) and ask them to do whatever they need to for it to be legal.

Thanks again