I need some mags! Please help!!

Okay I have a newly aquired saiga .223 today I bought a German Bakelite shown on this page here Of course while I was there I had to get an ammo can filled with 720, 62 grain FMJ rounds, and a battle pack of there S.A. .308 ammo (I don't have a .308 yet :devil: ). Aim Surplus is only 20 minutes from my house. Knowing that place is so close could cost me allot of cash!!

It seems I saw somewhere that these mags can be made to work with minor mods and a replacement follower. True?? Will I also need a feed ramp?? Any advice would be most welcome.

I'm wondering if there might be a cheaper and or easier alternative? I've read good things on the forum regarding the Bulgy's. Are these the mags you folks have referred to? here

Obvoiusly I'm a rookie in need of much help. Okay I'm sure I'll win the award for the dumbest question of the day with this one, where's the "tech section" I've read about?

A guide is required for that mag. Yes you can modify the follower or purchase one from Robinson Arms to feed .223 ammo.

If you have a round cut trunnion, I sell Bullet Guides or you can make one from 3/4" pipe. Also in my For Sale post there's some bullet guide install instructions and magazine options free for download.

If you have a flat cut trunnion (newer 223's), see this post from Vjor ->>Vjor's Galil Guide and make one from flat stock.

To find the Tech Section, click the link in my signature line, or go to Guest Book - the second topic down is the Tech Section. There's posts for modding the gun to fit unmodified mags as well as many others.

The Bulgarians on .223 work really good but pricey

I will say, really simple to use, hey brother cobra

have some for sale all ready mod to fit the Saiga

he is like the one to make things fit, you will pay

a little bit more for his mags, but no worries

about doing any fitting or anything else

he does everything that have to be done to the mags

to fit ok on the gun.

By the way is Cobra 76 two, the guy with the nice 12 gauge.

Just my 2 cents on the mag stuff.

Now on the stuff pf Galil orlites, well you have to fit

bullet guide and other stuff, if you handy with stuff

no problemos if not just a waste of money, but

hey is what you can do what counts, is up to you

to make a decision what to use.