IOR Valdada Scope Mount

Hello

I'm purchasing a Valdada "PSL" type scope mount for my .308. Cactus Tac has ones listed for a Drag, an AK, and a Vepr. I'm thinking the Vepr would be the best fit, based on the fact that most POSP mounts indicate they are for a Saiga/Vepr side rail. Am I off-base here?

I may score a K-Var as well and compare them. The K-Var just indicates they fit AK's, so I'm completely confused now....

Thanks for any advice....

Guido2 in Houston

Hello

I'm purchasing a Valdada "PSL" type scope mount for my .308. Cactus Tac has ones listed for a Drag, an AK, and a Vepr. I'm thinking the Vepr would be the best fit, based on the fact that most POSP mounts indicate they are for a Saiga/Vepr side rail. Am I off-base here?

I may score a K-Var as well and compare them. The K-Var just indicates they fit AK's, so I'm completely confused now....

Thanks for any advice....

Guido2 in Houston

The style you want is AK Side-Mount. I love the K-Var KV-04 mount but the Valdada looks just as good and it looks like it will go on even with an Ace folder that folds left.

Hello, DaGroaner

That's what I was hoping, that my soon-to-be-received Ace SOCOM could fold up flat against it.

You don't think the Vepr will fit properly on the rail? I already ordered it, so I'm holding out hope....

respectfully posted,

Guido2 in Houston

Hello, DaGroaner

That's what I was hoping, that my soon-to-be-received Ace SOCOM could fold up flat against it.

You don't think the Vepr will fit properly on the rail? I already ordered it, so I'm holding out hope....

respectfully posted,

Guido2 in Houston

The SOCOM won't fold flat to the left with a mount attached period. The problem with many mounts is that they are too long to fit between the Ace hinge and the side-mount on the receiver. The problem with the SOCOM is that it's too thick to fold flat whereas the Ace skeleton stock is much thinner. I don't know if the VEPR will fit or not as I have no experience with them. I do know that any regular AK mount will fit on my 308. Maybe Cactus hasn't shipped yet and you can change it?

I own an IOR Vepr side mount. However, on the Saiga it sits too low. It barely clears the dust cover on my Saiga12. It may fit better on the Saiga .308, but I don't have the .308 version.

It seemed to fit low, but with enough clearance on the Saiga 7.62x39.

IOR no longer sells AK mounts. I talked to a phone rep from Colorado. Some of the older models were not centered over the bore. The newer ones were. Mine for the Vepr is centered.

Its the finest mount I have ever handled.

Edited by expeditionx

Hello

I received my IOR scope mount and I think it fits beautifully! It's maybe an 1/8" above the receiver cover, and absolutely square over the bore centerline. Solid as a rock, too!

I attached a couple of pic's (stock is a "throw-down", I'm waiting for my Ace SOCOM to finally arrive.)

post-3965-1160769987_thumb.jpg

Space avove cover:

post-3965-1160770019_thumb.jpg

Oh yeah, I'll be blastin' in no time...

Thanks to y'all for all of the help.

Guido2 in Houston