Thinking about getting my 1st Saiga

I've been thinking about getting a new toy. I have a Glock17, Glock 19(wifes gun), Springfield XD9, 1891 7.65 Argentine Mauser, and a Hi-Point 9mm carbine on order(will be here Monday). I've heard good things about Saiga, and a dealer about an hour and a half from here has the 16" .223's for $240. Any thoughts on how this will fit in my collection? I'm looking for a range / plinking rifle thats nicer than the Hi-Point and less expensive to fire than the Mauser.

I've been thinking about getting a new toy. I have a Glock17, Glock 19(wifes gun), Springfield XD9, 1891 7.65 Argentine Mauser, and a Hi-Point 9mm carbine on order(will be here Monday). I've heard good things about Saiga, and a dealer about an hour and a half from here has the 16" .223's for $240. Any thoughts on how this will fit in my collection? I'm looking for a range / plinking rifle thats nicer than the Hi-Point and less expensive to fire than the Mauser.

If you can spend $240.00 on a rifle with an AK action and make it look like this......need I say more?

post-1936-1161903723_thumb.jpg

Ya,

the Galils are so cheap and easy to fit. I also have a couple steel 50s. Those are just obscene!

Awsome looking .223 yourself. You got that Galil grip I want,did you get it from ACE? They need to put that sucker in the shopping cart, cause I'm too lazy to call and order.

Next week I'm shipping her off to Tonys,so he can knock off the front sight block,and weld on a 5.5''

Bushmaster flash hider, and Tromix trigger guard.

The Saiga line is excellent; I have several in just about every caliber and many in 12 gauge. If your looking for something low cost, fun to shoot, lots of accessories, and relatively low cost to shoot... look no further. The price of $240.00 is not bad either so I'd go ahead with it and enjoy the fun.

With your list of owned firearms what you are missing is a hi capacity relatively lightweight rifle that is battle tested for HD or "just in case"(for the tin foil crowds..which I am a part-time member!).

You'd be hard pressed to find a better value in this category than the Saiga in .223 (my preference) or 7.62x39.

Then a good pump shotgun (I'd suggest mossy 590 with ghost rings...another great value and time tested design...no 870 flame intended. Just think for the price of around $300-350 you get a hi-cap 12 ga with great sights (GR) and a ton of avail mods). and your all set!

Next buy another copy of everything and your on your way! Oooo and don't for get to stack ammo deep!

Well i think you need a .22, look at buying a 10/22 ruger. Cheap to shoot and fun as h*ll. Then buy a saiga. My 2 cents.

I just sold a .22 bolt action Marlin buy the Hi-Point 9mm Carbine...........

I don't blame you, semi auto is the way to go....Check out rimfire central. See how much fun they are having with a .22