2 3/4" shells it 3" magazine

• 1 month later...
Are you sure about that? You do know that a shell is measured when fully opened after firing right? So a 3" shell is actually 2 3/4" and the shorter one's only 2 1/2".

I am absolutely positive. All that I can get my hands on in 20ga slugs are 2 3/4". If I was able to get my hands on any 3"slugs I probably wouldn't have tried this.

Maybe I'm just lucky but I've got about 50 rnds through the 76mm mag and no problems at all. :killer::killer::killer:

If you are wondering what kind of ammo it was. I was using Peters high velosity 2 3/4" with a 1/2 oz slug. I got em at Gander Mtn for $5 for a box of 10. I bought em out after I put a couple boxes through my gun.

Man, I really tried to do it with the two S-20's I've had.

They would jam the shell right on the top barrel lug.

I flipped the follower around on a couple of them and that improved the results, but still jams.

Maybe those shells are a tad longer than anything I've shot. :unsure:

Some of the new guys might not know about my solution this problem.

BUMP!

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=8846

I have Cobra's follower ramps on all of my 3" magazines and every one feeds no problem. You don't even have to reverse the direction of the follower. For frankenmags you can't reverse the direction, but it still works perfectly.

post-1804-1165570947_thumb.jpg

Edited by AegisDei

Hell Cobra I forgot all about that! Yes I've run the modified follower and they worked great!

I had one 5 rounder that kept popping the shells forward out of the rim channel, but that was more than likely defective ammo. Some of it wouldn't even chamber because the rims were out of spec.

AegisDei, been a busy beaver eh? Nice pile-o-mags! :super:

I scored a boat load of 2 3/4" mags and haven't messed with the 3" since.

AegisDei, been a busy beaver eh? Nice pile-o-mags! :super:

My baby gets hungry and she's gotta be fed. :angel: I still don't understand how you get yours finished so perfectly. I spent HOURS sanding the crap out of mine and smoothing it out, and it's still obvious where the bondo is. :unsure:

Edited by AegisDei
Ancient Chinese secret!

Send 'em up, I'll hook you up. :up: Cover your return ship and

toss in something cool for me.

:super:

You da man. Thanks for the offer! But I'll probably try my hand at finishing them better myself once I find time. To go along with your ancient chinese secret: receive a fish, eat for a night; figure out how to fish; eat forever!

I foresee myself doing some more welding work in the future, so I want to be sure I have it down to a fine art. The S20 was my learning project--the upcoming S12 conversion will be my masterpiece!

So I must learn to fish better before I tackle it. However, if I find myself incapable of learning, I may take you up on that offer and I'd make sure to make it worth your time.

$0.98 Walmart flat black quick dry paint. Pop 4 coats on the seam area only placing in front of a ceramic/propane heater between coats. Sand with 220 grit. Repeat until pretty. Topcoat with rustoleum flat black. I usually tape off the top where it contacts the receiver & latches so it won't flake.

$0.98 Walmart flat black quick dry paint. Pop 4 coats on the seam area only placing in front of a ceramic/propane heater between coats. Sand with 220 grit. Repeat until pretty. Topcoat with rustoleum flat black. I usually tape off the top where it contacts the receiver & latches so it won't flake.

So that'sthe key!!!

I only did one coat with Walmart Flat Black, and then called it quits. I didn't thought more sanding would scrape the paint up, but a few more coats should do it some good. Thanks!!!