shopping

With all the information on the net I feel comfortable in changing the firing and to the pistol grip mod on my saiga 12. I was just wondering were everyone does there shopping and does all ak accessories work on this conversion. Is there a complete kit already assembled somewhere? Thanks all.

i have bought all my conversion parts from midwestarmory.com. They are great to work with. I have no complaints in dealing with them.

This doesnt really pretain to the conversion, but if you are in the market for an optics mount, check out www.eastwave.ca. I have several of there low rise AK mounts and they are excellent quality!

With all the information on the net I feel comfortable in changing the firing and to the pistol grip mod on my saiga 12. I was just wondering were everyone does there shopping and does all ak accessories work on this conversion. Is there a complete kit already assembled somewhere? Thanks all.

Here's what you will need as far as parts go:

FCG (US MADE) Go with a tapco G2 if you care about price

Pistol Grip (US MADE) I'd reccomend a SAW, since itll fit in the existing trigger slot

New trigger guard (you don't have to have this, but it'll look alot nicer than if you use the old one)

Buttstock (US made)

That'll build you a compliant gun. all of those parts are universal on a stamped AK platform.

Not part of your parts count but you'll also need a disconector sping......it doesn't come with the trigger group. And a selector stop. And a p-grip nut. Some nylon plugs, e-clips or some other means of your choice to keep your pins in.

Doug

The FCG that is currently on your saiga should have a disconnector spring in it already. The nut included with the standard saw grip isn't long enough so you will need to replace that, I use cotter pins to retain my axis pins. only .15 for a pair at lowes.

I'm still reading up so I haven't done my conversion yet, but make sure you read Cobra's conversion thread:

Cobra's conversion

And also check out this link about another conversion

Saiga Conversion

In addition, I have also found out from other members that if you are going to use the Saiga manufactured pistol grip/ folding stock, the fire control group isn't a drop in procedure but BattleRifleG3 modifies them to be a drop in procedure. See this link:

BattleRifle's items

Welcome to the site.

Edited by Shootin's Fun
In addition, I have also found out from other members that the fire control group isn't a drop in procedure, but BattleRifleG3 modifies them to be a drop in procedure. See this link:

BattleRifle's items

Welcome to the site.

You might want to read a little more carefully, he's not talking about the kind of conversion you are about to attempt.

The FCG will be drop in if you do it as per Cobra's guide. if you're converting the weapon to AK grip config, you will not need to worry about modifying your FCG.

In addition, I have also found out from other members that the fire control group isn't a drop in procedure, but BattleRifleG3 modifies them to be a drop in procedure. See this link:

BattleRifle's items

Welcome to the site.

You might want to read a little more carefully, he's not talking about the kind of conversion you are about to attempt.

The FCG will be drop in if you do it as per Cobra's guide. if you're converting the weapon to AK grip config, you will not need to worry about modifying your FCG.

Thanks for the point out, Conju. I've modified my statement