Story of the 10 round mags

Written for inparidel, a longstanding contribitor of knowledge to this board!!!

Thanks Kmoore. .... So. . .what's up, bro? 10 rounders: Where? How? How much?

Thanks

I'm too lazy to go back and get the facts correctly, so feel free to jump in here and correct my mistakes.

Ok, here's a brain dump of the developments of the 10 round mags.

Stuff you likely don't care about ....

First, many said it could be done easily, others said it couldn't be done at all, most said that they would be economically impossible. Two gents stepped up to make it happen. Ian = Saigasolutions attempted with metal. Think he got a prototype that wouldn't work (some diff material/process) . Failure was in the inability to handle extreme heat(?). Shifted to metal mags. Got as far as producing molds. Finishing them seems to be more than what they want to tackle (seems hard to me), and the molds have been for sale for some time now.

More likely what you want to know .....

Kevin = AGP (makes turbochargers, and now mags) = Z1500. Started ~1.5 years back with 8 round mag, from Cobra 76 two, which he cut up :cryss: to use for plans. While back, prototype got close, then pulled back to try and to create the mag without a seam and with a metal insert bedded in the body. Got close, proto type mag was white (ok, maybe not a prototype as it was a diff material that is typically used at that stage). I think after this time, actually set up a preorder on his website. Taking names,contact info but not charging cards. First batch was ~500 units and sold out. Web site and preorder was closed. But then the "mold lifter" or something a hickey didn't workout, and mods were made, IIRC, this is where we went back to 2 pc design (?). Month or so back prototypes went out to testers (including the original mag donar, as Kevin kept a longstanding promise!). Small glitch indicated mag follower needed a slightly diff angle. bout a week back, CC's started processing, mags are being shipped currently.

Now, for what you really want to know.....

Some of those mags went out in large lots to dealers/dudes. IIRC, thegunsource, jammer and likely others. Some of these had mags not so long ago that weren't sold yet. As I got in early (Kevin's manner always impressed me), I really couldn't tell you currently who has excess in the first batch.

Now to completely speculate ....

Second batch is unannounced. I'd guess the demand is there, and don't know why it wouldn't happen, but Kevin has yet to announce.

I know you were around for a lot of this, but maybe others want to know the story, even if my timelines and facts are way off ... it's a "story" after all :haha: .

Written for inparidel, a longstanding contribitor of knowledge to this board!!!

Thanks Kmoore. .... So. . .what's up, bro? 10 rounders: Where? How? How much?

Thanks

I'm too lazy to go back and get the facts correctly, so feel free to jump in here and correct my mistakes.

Ok, here's a brain dump of the developments of the 10 round mags.

Stuff you likely don't care about ....

First, many said it could be done easily, others said it couldn't be done at all, most said that they would be economically impossible. Two gents stepped up to make it happen. Ian = Saigasolutions attempted with metal. Think he got a prototype that wouldn't work (some diff material/process) . Failure was in the inability to handle extreme heat(?). Shifted to metal mags. Got as far as producing molds. Finishing them seems to be more than what they want to tackle (seems hard to me), and the molds have been for sale for some time now.

More likely what you want to know .....

Kevin = AGP (makes turbochargers, and now mags) = Z1500. Started ~1.5 years back with 8 round mag which he cut up :cryss: to use for plans. While back, prototype got close, then pulled back to try and to create the mag without a seam and with a metal insert bedded in the body. Got close, proto type mag was white (ok, maybe not a prototype as it was a diff material that is typically used at that stage). I think after this time, actually set up a preorder on his website. Taking names,contact info but not charging cards. First batch was ~500 units and sold out. Web site and preorder was closed. But then the "mold lifter" or something a hickey didn't workout, and mods were made, IIRC, this is where we went back to 2 pc design (?). Month or so back prototypes went out to testers (including the original mag donar, as Kevin kept a longstanding promise!). Small glitch indicated mag follower needed a slightly diff angle. bout a week back, CC's started processing, mags are being shipped currently.

Now, for what you really want to know.....

Some of those mags went out in large lots to dealers/dudes. IIRC, thegunsource, jammer and likely others. Some of these had mags not so long ago that weren't sold yet. As I got in early (Kevin's manner always impressed me), I really couldn't tell you currently who has excess in the first batch.

Now to completely speculate ....

Second batch is unannounced. I'd guess the demand is there, and don't know why it wouldn't happen, but Kevin has yet to announce.

I know you were around for a lot of this, but maybe others want to know the story, even if my timelines and facts are way off ... it's a "story" after all :haha: .

"Story". . .so does that mean that the 10 rounders don't exist and are a cruel joke perpetrated by those clownsters that write about them? For the last time before I rightly decide that this site has been taken over by stoned high school pranksters. . . Where? How? and How much? I still need an address/website, phone # smoke signal patterns, & $ amounts. But thanks for the response. . .I think.

Edited by inparidel

W..........T.............F ?????

Yes, they are real.

No, it's not a cruel hoax.

Yes, this site has been taken over by (very well-armed) stoned high school pranksters.

Phone numbers, prices, etc., are available at:

agparms.com

atlanticfirearms.com (go to Saiga shotguns, and type in AGP in the product search)

You may not have made it in time as far as getting them in the first production run, but hurry-hurry and check with Atlantic.......they actually may still have a few left..........also Jammer on this forum (you'll have to find the thread.....there's about half-a-dozen 10-rd threads to choose from & all have named these sites)

You can sign up to be notified by AGP for the second pre-order list........

Hope this helps............

post-3950-1163483216_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jeaux E

Not often I quote myself.

Story because

my timelines and facts are way of

Where? How? and How much? I still need an address/website, phone # smoke signal patterns, & $ amounts.

Dude, we aren't in high school, so I'll not sugar coat it. You missed the boat. First batch production likely does not exist for you.

You can try EBAY, try the AGP site or PM jammer, or look up "thegunsource" or "atlantic firearms" or FBMG or some other Saiga provider. These were popular, they've likely sold out.

I'm not doing this "homework" for you because .

I got in early
and I have many ordered and don't need anymore.

You might find a leftover (better hurry, I'm guessing many are looking). But my guess is you'll need to watch for the sign up for a second batch, I hope it will happen as I'm pulling for Kevin to make good money and show all that there is $$ to be made with S12 accessories done right, priced right. And because I'm hoping he'll create a bolt on magwell ....

If/when another run does happen, I'm no expert, but now that the molds are in place, I think it's pretty quick (~6 weeks?).

Mods and Kevin. I'd be all for a tacked thread that only Kevin posts in (no whining, no pestering). He could post progress, a FAQ, schedule of runs, a poll for the next mag body cover, mag capacity, etc. If you can't lock it to others, just routinely delete the contents of anyone else who happens to post in it.

Edited by kmoore