My 800 rds arrived thursday, and Friday I went down to the range with my p2000. I was only able to shoot about 200-300 rds because I was able to bring my girl friend, and I wanted her to try the saiga and the Nagant (just to try her out with them) and the p2000. I didnt have buck shot for the saiga, but I did have some bird/target left over. Needless to say she doesnt like the kick on the saiga (a 20ga btw). I knew she was not going to like the Nagant, but I figured since its in the house I wanted to make sure she was able still able to use it if need be. You can tell she had air rifle pratice, because she did decent with it. Out of those she tested she liked the p2000. I'm not crazy yet about leaving it with her when I'm not using it (at night). Since the p2000 has the LEM trigger my plan was to carry it, and when I got home remove the round in the chamber and decock the trigger. The problem with that is she hasnt shown to me that she can pull the slide back to load the gun with a 100% rate. She had gotten better mind you, but if I leave anything near her side of the room (whatever the gun may be) I need to know she can do whatever it takes to get the gun loaded and ready to go. Another problem I noticed the .40cal might be a little to stong for her as well. The only problem the p2000 has had that I have seen in my short time testing it, is that my girl friend for one tends to limp wrist with the recoil. She had 2-3 jams because of she has such a bad limp wrist. Again unless she can show to me that she can load and not limp wrist, I'm not crazy about leaving it there close to her. I plan to get other guns in the future, but nothing real soon. So I dunno, I can and will take her out to shoot more, and that should help, but getting the right setup for her is a pain.

I am also wondering, for new handguns how much is needed to brake in the barrel? So far I have had no problems with p2000. As for accuracy I'm not sure right now. I my self had a bad headache and my hands were shaking like hell. I will be testing for greater accuracy when my hands are calm and take more time aiming as well.

I also plan to go the the indoor range with A/C (thank god) when Im going to test just the p2000.

I'll have more rang e updates when I get them :) and I'll post some pics too.

just for the heck of it, here are a few other handgun and rifle rounds to compare size with. Although nothing is better than actually holding them and looking at them.

Can anyone guess correctly every cal. in the picture?

post-20-1088984873.jpg

Verson:

Is that your slide release on the right side?

I had the same problem with an HK 9mm jamming because I wasn't holding it tight enough, or maybe the spring was new? But I remember the first time at the range it gave me trouble, but after that, it was smooth sailing. Now I've got the .45 and my girlfriend holds it a bit loose, but it still functions.

If you don't think your gf can handle the 40, get a 9mm, a taurus or ruger.

KySoldier: Yep, that round part next to the slide lock is the slide release. Yeah your prob. right. Although I think she prob can use the .40 I'll be sure she gets some pratice with a 9mm as well. When she hits 21 then I'll see what she wants to carry, if she wants to carry (have not really talked much about what she wants)

Assassin: Very close! you only missed 2.

there is no .3006 and no .380

-------

Well I went back to the range today and put the last of the 300 rds of range ammo though the P2000. Wow, 650 rds so far no jams (except with my gf) and my accuracy is getting better as well. All that is left is my 300 rds of golden sabers. After shooting several hundred rounds of the UMC ammo, and then putting 50 of the GS.... holy cow..... no wonder the GS were $17 a box, they were some accurate stuff. I was planning on an 800 rd test, but 650 came and went so fast, thus I'll be getting some more :killer: to pratice soon.

more to come later :)

• 1 month later...

more good and bad news,

I've ordered 1000rds wolf to shoot, put a bunch though the p2000, and will continue to.

total rds fired so far about 1,100..... They reccomend major cleaning for the p2000 is about every 500 rds. Thus last time at the range I recieved my first jams (major). I didnt have a single jam until about 800+ rds (one of my Golden sabers at 300+ rds). The problem is the chamber after so many rounds gets gunked up, and the shells tend to stick (wolf prob more so).

The good thing was last time at the range, I met a nice shooter who shoots for a living and goes to law enforcement and military comps. We talked a bit, and he noticed I wasnt very exp. with handguns thus the showed me some shooting techs and gave me some pointers. I must say I've improved my shooting prob 100% better. I would have loved to stay and shoot more, but the jaming was getting worse. At anyrate he offered to teach me more later if we met up again at the range.

He really liked the p2000 btw. he seemed impressed with it, but I dont think he is gonna go run out and get one with its price tag.

:)

Fantastic news! Good! It warms my heart to hear experienced people helping out when they can. I hope that you will consider taking some advanced handgun course soon! I have taken a couple (recently this weekend), and learn something new every time...

I would guess that your situation with jamming is probably caused by the ammo, not the gun.... This weekend I was crawling through dirt and mud with my Glock 21 (.45 ACP), and did not have ANY jams or malfunctions, and this was 900 rounds in 2 days without cleaning. I expect that from my Glock, and definately would from an H&K!

BTW, one of the guys in the class had one of these pistols and let me shoot it... all I can say is: NICE... way to go on a good purchase!

Consider getting some NON coated ammunition... there is a company called Independence that is a Brazilian company owned by Federal I believe... that is what I shot this weekend, and from Natchez it is only $1.00 more expensive that Wolf per box. It cost about $20.00 shipping per case (1000 rounds) of .45, so should be a little cheaper with the .40...

http://www.natchezss.com/product.cfm?conte...FTOKEN=80791544

Congrats again!

Edited by Wicked96SS