Birdshot with Muzzle Breaks/ Door Breachers?

I just ordered a Saiga-12 from Tromix and Im super excited! B)

Im wondering though, since it has a door breacher, should I anticipate problems using birdshot (or buckshot) in this gun? Is there even a minute possibility of some of the birdshot being deflected into an undesired trajectory? I plan to use this firearm for a tactical shotgun course, and I would hate to have birdshot going where it dosent belong, making me "The Dumba$$".

Pic of the door breacher

doorbreacherhz7.jpg

Diagram, angles exaggerated, simplified, not to scale

questiongr4.jpg

Edited by frr

I have a Tromix with the Shark Brake and there is no problem using birdshot, buckshot or slug with any blow back or lateral shavings. If you are going to actually breach a door be sure to wear face protection regardless of load. Hope this helps. BY the way you are going to love your new gun.

never actually seen the wad. I was under the impression it worked like a plunger in a syringe. Are you implying that the wad surrounds the shot on both the bottom and the side?

sweet, thanks 1911, Im sure I will love it :D

If you are going to actually breach a door be sure to wear face protection regardless of load. Hope this helps.

At the risk of sounding like a mom, at least always wear eye protection. :chris:

But the shot doesn't disperse for a while after leaving the barrel. It's pattern will be a 3-d gaussian distribution that disperses with distance from the muzzle. Anywhere near the muzzle, and the distance of dispersion is too small to even notice. And even, if by fluke, a shot did manage to creep into the brake it'd not be displaced at a large enough angle to do anything but glance back into the shot-cluster. You're talking about a major deviation from it's original direction to bounce backward. All of the vectors point virtually the same direction, and unless there's an obstruction in the barrel that causes a richocet a major richocet it should never happen.

Thanks for your replies everyone, I really appreciate it.

Regarding door breaching, do any of you suppose the shark break would make a good door breacher? It seems to have about the same amount of open area as the door breacher just by looking at images. If so perhaps Ill ask Tony if he could put the shark break on instead.

you an engineer AegisDei?

But the shot doesn't disperse for a while after leaving the barrel. It's pattern will be a 3-d gaussian distribution that disperses with distance from the muzzle. Anywhere near the muzzle, and the distance of dispersion is too small to even notice. And even, if by fluke, a shot did manage to creep into the brake it'd not be displaced at a large enough angle to do anything but glance back into the shot-cluster. You're talking about a major deviation from it's original direction to bounce backward. All of the vectors point virtually the same direction, and unless there's an obstruction in the barrel that causes a richocet a major richocet it should never happen.