20 rnd mags in AR mag pouch

Hey guys with the 20 rounders

If any of you have an AR style mag pouch laying around can you snap a few pics or give an assesment on how well they fit in a double mag pouch?

I have a 2x2 AR pouch and was hoping it will work as a 1x1 308 pouch

If it does I may try to get the brass to authorize it as a patrol rifle (doubtful since the AK isnt even as PC as the evil AR)

thanks

Massad Ayoob is writing up our 308 conversion as a patrol rifle for rural and urban areas. I would wait until he gets it done before pitching the brass. He is a dick sometimes but he is well respected.

In what magazine? What issue?

2 mags side-by-side fit perfectly in each side of the pouch of these old German mag pouches for the MG 13 mags:

http://www.ima-usa.com/product_info.php/cP...products_id/271

So 4 total 20-rd saiga 308 mags in that one;

and

http://www.ima-usa.com/product_info.php/cP...products_id/267

and 8 total mags in this one.

Just FYI. Not sure if this is the style you're wanting, but they fit like a glove.

C-

Well I think 3 mags total, 8 rnd in gun and 2 20rnd in pouches is aboutb the most I am willing to carry as weight is a major issue for the use it would be seeing

If I need more than 50 rnds I think I would avoid the contact without backup

This is for some backcountry patrol in a mountainous area, and my little 223 rounds are spooked by the 7mm and 30.06 they may have to face some day

M1As are a bit pricey, and the kalishnikov action is reliable in all sorts of foul weather

Other rangers carry Bolt action 308s (M1As are the only approved 308 without written approval), but I think if I demostrated the saiga, it would raise alot of interest from my coworkers