Saiga-12 shotgun magwells

Just to clarify something, the $200 price includes the magwell and an 8 rd magazine. He sells the individual magazine at $110 which would impute a $90 price to the magwell. Expensive but less than half of the price being bandied about. :)

:haha:

Good point, I never really thought about the fact that I get an 8rnd magazine too. That's really not a bad deal. I'm tempted to get one!

Go Aegis! Go Aegis! :super:

I would have gotten one a long time ago if I trusted that dude to come thru on the shipping. Why do you think we haven't seen one yet?

The more you guys keep talking about this, the more I want to have more time in the frankenlab! Man it's not rocket science. I could put one of those together in a day easy. Honestly I just don't really feel the need for one. I can rock and lock just as quick. Maybe it's just something you AR guys are used to and want to have on a Saiga. That's cool. I may just have to get out the old metal working tools again. I used to do comercial metal stud framing and cutting, bending, and riveting something like that would only take a few minutes after making a cardboard template sized to fit the mag body snug at the top with a funnel shape to guide it home. I'm still convinced that a "mag guide" like on the first EXP-01 Ver 030 is the way to go. This way you don't have to have dedicated mags and your other S-12s won't starve. It would also not effect the LRBHO this way. I have two types and they would both work with that design.

Just for shits and grins I Emailed Andrei last night to see if he'd part with just the magwell.

Reply,

I can search for these mags separately, but... I'm sure, you'll not be

able to adapt the standard mags to work with these magwells. The

standard mags have the AK attaching system, but the modernized mags

(that are coming with these magwells) have the M-16 system. Hope, you

understand what I'm talking about.

I'd call b.s. but without one in hand I can't and most of the people I can think about approaching have the old stlye s12 magwell guns, not the new style that he's advertising. Can anyone else comment.

I can search for these mags separately, but... I'm sure, you'll not be

able to adapt the standard mags to work with these magwells. The

standard mags have the AK attaching system, but the modernized mags

(that are coming with these magwells) have the M-16 system. Hope, you

understand what I'm talking about.

post-1804-1165535140_thumb.jpg

From the looks of the magazine and the well, it really is a different design. The AK is rock-and-lock, the M16 is a tab. I imagine it'd be possible to modify normal magazines to be the same way, but it'd be a headache. It's easier to remove material than to build it up, so it's probably better to start from scratch and design for the AGP magazines specifically, instead of trying to adapt a system that wasn't meant to work with them.

Edited by AegisDei

Crap, I just noticed that since the AGP mags are 2 peice and have screws holding them together that the upper screw humps will make the mag longer (front to rear) than the OEM mags for magwell purposes. Unless you can bond them up top and grind off the raised screw locations, I don't see how a magwell would accept both types of mags. I'm sure that's one of the most minor problems to work out but it's always something else to deal with.

Crap, I just noticed that since the AGP mags are 2 peice and have screws holding them together that the upper screw humps will make the mag longer (front to rear) than the OEM mags for magwell purposes. Unless you can bond them up top and grind off the raised screw locations, I don't see how a magwell would accept both types of mags. I'm sure that's one of the most minor problems to work out but it's always something else to deal with.

:eek:

New idea!!!

:super:

How about a mag guide? a 1/2 moon on each side of the magwell- shaped like a spoon cut in half - convex side to the middle and spring loaded. Just to center the mag and guide the front up into the reciever for quick 'rock and lock'.

B)-->

QUOTE(G O B @ Dec 9 2006, 05:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How about a mag guide? a 1/2 moon on each side of the magwell- shaped like a spoon cut in half - convex side to the middle and spring loaded. Just to center the mag and guide the front up into the reciever for quick 'rock and lock'.

I gotta get these 10rnders in my hand, but I think there's great hope on the horizon.

Robb, do you really need the guide? These 10's are a lot easier to load from the closed bolt than the 8's

Haha, no. I definitely don't need the guide, but I surely want it. Part of it is love the way JamShot's gun looks: it's down-right intimidating. But mainly, I just like to work on guns as much as I enjoy shooting them, so it's just a fun hobby and a useful way to learn new skills. If it helps shave a few seconds off my time, then all the better, but mainly I just like to tool around making my weapons look like I know how to use them. :devil: And who knows, somebody may benefit from it.

Edited by AegisDei

Robb, do you really need the guide? These 10's are a lot easier to load from the closed bolt than the 8's

Haha, no. I definitely don't need the guide, but I surely want it. Part of it is love the way JamShot's gun looks: it's down-right intimidating. But mainly, I just like to work on guns as much as I enjoy shooting them, so it's just a fun hobby and a useful way to learn new skills. If it helps shave a few seconds off my time, then all the better, but mainly I just like to tool around making my weapons look like I know how to use them. :devil: And who knows, somebody may benefit from it.

Are you still in NC and will you be able to make some matches next year?

Are you still in NC and will you be able to make some matches next year?

I hope to make some matches--my 20ga still hasn't gotten to try out a competition.

I'm in Kentucky at law school, but I'm going to try to transfer back to UNC or Duke after this year...but that'll depend on my grades. If they're not where I need them to be, then I'll be here for another few years. :angel:

I LOVE Kentucky, I just can't afford the out of state tuition. And while Duke is even more expensive than UK, it would open doors that should make it worth while.