Minor modifications

I've searched for some info on this but have been unsuccessful. Most of the posts talk about installing a pistol grip along with tons of other modifications. The installation of a pistol grip is "glossed over."

I don't want to radically modify my S-12. I would like to install a pistol grip. What pistol grips are available, where do you suggest I purchase one and how difficult is it to install? Thanks in advance.

If your going to put a PG on you'll have to move the FCG (trigger Hammer) plug or weld the old FCG holes, put a new but stock on and make sure that you have enough US made parts to be 922 compliant It sounds like a lot of work but once you get into it it's not that bad. Maybe 2 hrs of work. there are several good posts on how to do it and some good web sites. I'll try and post a link. Good luck.

Hello

I'm pretty new to this stuff as well, but it seems to me Ace sells a folding stock/PG setup that is designed to fit on an un-modified trigger group.

From what I understand, you would want to go with a US manufactured grip/stock and you may still have to trade out a gas piston or something, to stay within the BATF 922 ®.

JMHO...

guido2 in Houston

I have a spare gas piston and a US mfg hammer. Tapco brand if you are interested. PM me.

But yea, you will need a front control fire group. I used a single hook group from tapco, along with a SAW grip and a Romanian made Pistol Grip nut / bushing for my install.

You will also need access to a dremel.